Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PittRace Carfest - Labor Day Weekend 2018 GTXF Party

Quote Originally Posted by Ashie View Post
    Yelling is a bit much. I meant like someone giving me logical directions and keeping me from having an anxiety attack.
    As a veteran AutoX person I can help you with that. But only if I can do it Jet Boat style by moving my arm from side to side.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    As a veteran AutoX person I can help you with that. But only if I can do it Jet Boat style by moving my arm from side to side.

Lol, sure.

Y'all better take a lot of pictures.

Love our family reunions.

Sent out the Facebook invites for coordination. Real sad to see Nick is completely off my radar now.

If you're not on Facebook or want to just coordinate here that's fine too. FB is great for maintaining guest lists and fielding questions, so we use it for that.

Hello everyone! It's time to start formally arranging this thing. Real quick, here are the relevant links:

Carfest: https://www.carfestusa.com/
    GTXF Thread: http://gtxforums.net/showthread.php?...018-GTXF-Party

Check out the Carfest website to register for events or buy general admission tickets.

Basically Carfest at PittRace is happening over Labor Day weekend (yes, I know, I didn't pick it) and we're throwing a party Friday and Saturday night. We'll do some stuff up at the track and have some dinner, firepit, video game sessions, and general relaxing at our house. PittRace is about a 35 minute drive up the freeway from Allison Park.

I anticipate we'll do some smaller stuff on Friday night, and then have a proper large cookout dinner on Saturday after we're done at the track.

We have some extra beds and sleeping areas if anyone wants to come from out of town and crash here.

Kids welcome, we'll put the dog up during peak times. There will be alcohol around so manage that how you will.

We'll throw more information in this space when things start to take shape. Let us know if you're coming, and when you might be dropping in.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post

I am almost too tall and am currently too heavy.

I am trying to get Ash to run the MINI in Autox. She said she wants someone to sit in the passanger seat and yell at her, though.
    I'm now under the max weight if this is something you actually want to do. Two hours is a long run. Did you see the 10 minute sessions for $35?

I hadn't looked at the site since I paid for my ticket. 10 mins does sound fun.

The worry from my perspective is that the enduro runs till 8pm on Saturday, I probably can't do it since I'll be back at the house helping get dinner going.

For the festival portion I think I'll be putting the DMC in the car show Saturday, doing a dyno run during the show, and fitting karting in during that time. I doubt I'll go up to the track on Sunday at all, and Friday is dependent on who is coming and when they'll arrive.

I put it for the 2 PM Sat slot for karting.

Pretty sure Drew has Nick's contact info.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    I put it for the 2 PM Sat slot for karting.
    Did you do the Virtual Race add-on?