Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PittRace Carfest - Labor Day Weekend 2018 GTXF Party

PittRace Carfest - Labor Day Weekend 2018 GTXF Party

I know it's only January but I figured I'd put feelers out now in case we wanted to have a GTXF get together. I know they happen on an ad hoc basis and in smaller numbers now that many of us have families, but maybe this is something that can be fun for whole families.

It looks like if you're just spectating you buy a General Admission ticket. If want to do the events they're charged on a per-event basis and then you get a general admission ticket with it. This early the only event you can sign up for is the HPDE, which appears to be an instructorless (unless requested) Track Night in America type of setup.

GENERAL ADMISSION (Prices not announced at this time)
    General Admission may be purchased for a single day, or for the full weekend.

A General Admission ticket entitles you to:

Camping
    Car Show viewing & voting (Saturday)
    Chance to ride-along with instructors on track
    Access to all prime spectator areas for road course event
    Spectate Flashlight Drags (Fri. night & Sat. night)
    Spectate AutoX (Saturday & Sunday)
    Spectate Dyno (Saturday & Sunday)
    Spectate Karting (Saturday & Sunday)
    Access to Vendor Midway
    Access to enjoy the DJ all weekend + Live Band & Electric Afterhours Saturday night
    * Kids 12 and under are FREE but must be accompanied by their parent(s) at all times. 13-17 years of age require ticket purchase and must be adult supervised.

ALL ACTIVITY TICKETS PURCHASED INCLUDE 3-DAY GENERAL ADMISSION (except the car show):

HPDE
    Acclimation Program
    Flashlight Drags
    Autocross
    Karting
    Dyno
    Car Show (includes Saturday-only General Admission)

General information: http://www.carfestusa.com/
    HPDE Sign Up: https://autointerests.com/events/carfest-2018

I will probably enter the DMC in the show on Saturday and then do the HPDE on Sunday with either the DMC or the E46; leaning towards the DMC since I wanted to track it once at least and by September the E46 will have been to the track a handful of times already.

PittRace is a really nice facility, they have dumped a ton of money into upgrading the track as well as the paddock and support areas. It kind of reminds me of a mini-VIR which is high praise coming from me.

We live about 35 minutes from the track. As always this community has an open invitation to stay at our house if desired. We have a dedicated spare bedroom w/king size bed as well as a large 'den' downstairs that you could bring an air mattress and setup, as well as the living room couch which is fit for sleeping on if needed (I watched Tyler sleep under an ice cream cart last year so the couch is looking pretty good if I'm honest).

If anyone wanted to fly in we're about 35 minutes from the airport and the track is also about 35 minutes away. We live on the opposite side of the city of the airport and the track is to the north of both. Depending on what time you get in we could pick you up, but bear in mind the cars with back seats are basically torture devices.

If you want to fly in and still do the auto-x, HPDE, etc. you're welcome to the E46 or even the MINI.

I'm going to reach out the Nick and John (roofer) when the organizers finalize some of the prices and stuff. Just wanted to get this out there well in advance in case anyone from out of town wanted to arrange to come in.

Pittsburgh? Gross.

True story. Keith has slept in that bed; venture at your own risk.

Sounds fun, but difficult for me to commit at this time.

Love the idea, can't commit just now for screamingly obvious reasons. #mycarshitsitself

Yeah, is just informational at this point. Save the date kind of thing. I was writing my TNiA calendar for the year and this was listed on the PittRace site and it struck me as something fairly awesome to pass along. It's not as grand as PVGP but it's much more hands on. I'll keep the thread updated as they roll out pricing for GA and the various events.

They did it at Mid-Ohio previously but switched to PittRace. I imagine it's cheaper and PittRace has a massive, massive flat skid area.
    Last edited by dodint; January 24th, 2018 at 08:22 AM.

13 hours of driving.... Hmm.

Considering I haven't seen most of you reprehensible reprobates since '05 I might seriously consider this.

Doooo it.

I have box fans, just no Trev.

Hopefully no poison ivy either.