Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: PittRace Carfest - Labor Day Weekend 2018 GTXF Party

Too much going on to make the trip. Mostly my commitment to coaching youth football. Looking forward to the stories and photos.

Turnout is looking decent. Anyone else dropping in? Have Rich, Nick, and Heather on Friday night. Ana and Phil joining on Saturday. Some of our local friends are dropping in as well. I need to text John to see what he is doing.

Since I have the PS4 Pro now and the 4k TV, thinking of getting my hands on a PSVR for the weekend. I think it would be pretty fun in a group setting.

Sorry, I cannot go.

Yeah, you were kind enough to indicate as such in the FB Event. That's my one real peeve with that platform, people that I know for sure are coming (or not) won't indicate a status. Not a huge deal, I think people don't like saying no because it could be construed as a rejection. I don't feel that way myself, it's just helpful to the event planners if you signal your intent.

Anyway, this is what I'm doing on Saturday at the track.

10:00am: Putting the DMC in the car show.
    2:00pm: Karting with Rich and Ashley.
    3:40pm: Dyno'ing the DMC-12.
    5:00pm: Car Show awards

Leaving the track to head home for dinner directly after awards.
    If I'm not scheduled to be somewhere at a certain time I'll probably be tending to the car in the show or just walking around seeing what else is happening. Might do some walk-on karting if I get hooked, we'll see. I signed Ash and I up for the Virtual Lapping so we should be able to compare results when all is said and done, like a mini TT.

Flight booked.

Looking forward to this.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to attend, but money is real tight right now.

For sure, and we would have loved to have you. I really wish my conference in Savannah hadn't been moved to Mississippi or you could've had me over to show off your wood.

Quote Originally Posted by speedpimp View Post
    I'll be in on Friday afternoon.
    Any idea what time? I usually get home around 3 or 4, but can push it up to greet you if you anticipate being here earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Flight booked.

Looking forward to this.
    Excellent, hope it didn't set you back too much. When are you coming/going? Ash said late on Friday, which is great for me, no traffic and a near empty airport. When is your return flight? I might go to St. Paul the following week and need to book my own flight out.

Was talking with Nick and a family obligations popped up for Saturday. If he can't rearrange things then he won't be here Friday and may not be able to make it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Any idea what time? I usually get home around 3 or 4, but can push it up to greet you if you anticipate being here earlier.
    Ran it by my boss and he approved situational telework for Friday, so come whenever.

Sometime between noon and three.