Thread: Michigan State

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Michigan State

So Michigan State is starting to implode.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitNews.com
    Reports of sexual misconduct by Dr. Larry Nassar reached at least 14 Michigan State University representatives in the two decades before his arrest, with no fewer than eight women reporting his actions, a Detroit News investigation has found.

Among those notified was MSU President Lou Anna Simon, who was informed in 2014 that a Title IX complaint and a police report had been filed against an unnamed physician, she told The News on Wednesday.

“I was informed that a sports medicine doctor was under investigation,” said Simon, who made the brief comments after appearing in court Wednesday to observe a sentencing hearing for Nassar. “I told people to play it straight up, and I did not receive a copy of the report. That’s the truth.”

Among the others who were aware of alleged abuse were athletic trainers, assistant coaches, a university police detective and an official who is now MSU’s assistant general counsel, according to university records and accounts of victims who spoke to The News.
    Wonder how far-reaching these effects are going to be? Sure didn't feel like Penn State got hit with near enough sanctions and penalties that actually stuck in the end (most of it was rescinded and their records restored).
    Last edited by novicius; January 26th, 2018 at 09:26 AM.