Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My 2006 Crown Victoria

Full assemblies including the squirrel cage. Third party.

It worked when i smacked it so wouldnt that rule out the resistor? It is a separate part from the blower assembly.

I was thinking the resistor was basically attached to the motor. But then I've been out of the car parts business for over 15 years now (?!?), so I'm basically an idiot at this point.

Maybe make a quick post on a crown vic message board?
    -Formerly Stabulator

Checked a few posts on there. Seems it might be the blower but both are fairly low priced. Might just replace one and then the other if it doesn't work.

Blower replaced, things work fine now.

And as per usual once I've fixed one thing something else happens.

Someone hit the car last night. Passenger front suspension is probably obliterated. Rims bent in two spots and the car was shoved at least 6 inches to the left and onto the curb/grass. Cops found the person and I'm assuming arrested them. In the meantime I've got to find alternate transportation for work.

Oh for crying out loud.

I remember reading an article about Crown Vics a couple/few years ago when they were being discontinued. IIRC, it said one reason police departments and taxi companies liked them is because they could be rebuilt pretty much indefinitely.

Good luck.

And I hope they catch the guy and cast him down with the sodomites (as Warden Norton would say).

She's been caught. Not sure what all the charges ended up being.

Waiting for the police report so my INsurance company can get her info.

Well the Reports come through. The Vic has been picked up and is on its way to Co-Part in Indy so they can estimate the repairs.

Wednesday I picked up my rental. It was supposed to be intermediate class so a Hyundai Elantra or something similar. They didnt have anything similar apparently, so they gave me a 2018 Dodge RAM 1500. Man compared to the Vic this thing is luxury.

Now I'm waiting for confirmation of the Vic being totaled. While surfing and looking at cars for sale. Because of the stupid rental now I want a nice truck. There are a few similar 2018s I've seen in the 30 to 35k range. So I've been overthinking what to do. Get something brand new, used but current year or older used.

A loaded older truck is the better financial decision. I'd highly recommend a platinum f150. Has everything the limited has except AWD and some of the frilly options. Usually they are cheaper. A 2011-2014 platinum should run around 20k with 100k miles. The 15 would be a great step up in fuel economy, but expect to add 5k to the tag.

Different worlds ... electric cars are flying off the yards here, and suddenly the V8's are all cheap. Petrol prices spiking like a MOFO here.