Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Godson - 1993 Chevrolet Corvette Z07

Yesssssss!

Also, just paid for a used AC Compressor. Should work out better than the current one.

Ok. So on this front.

The Corvette had been making some funny noises from the steering rack, so I figured the bushings we're toast. I planned on the job taking about 5 hours, because the rack has to be removed. 7 + hours later and 230am, we called it and only had one bushing replaced. You need to disconnect the power steering lines to remove the rack. When we attempted to remove said lines, they acted seized. So instead of making a future job even harder, we packed it up and accepted the trade-off. In the future I will need to cut off the power steering line at the union, to remove the rack, then replace the line itself. Might rebuild the rack at the same time.

After all of this was done, I slid back underneath the car to see what a long time check engine light might be related to. It was an O2 sensor low voltage code. The O2 sensors on this car are 1 wire, so that didn't make any sense. Until I looked at the wiring and noticed the connector wasn't connected due to it being broken. A few zip ties later, and the light hasn't been back sense.

Forward a few more weeks, and the VSS I had replaced shortly after I got the car home had failed. I bought a Borg-Warner part and it worked. For about a week. Part of the reason I hadn't replaced it sooner was the amount of oil I would loose in the removal, at 15$ a quart, I wanted to get some life out of it. I finally popped it out, got it warrantied, in, an fluid drained and filled. Also changed oil, and that fixed that issue. I've since put 1k miles on the car without trouble in those areas.

Next issue is the AC pump replacing, chasing out an intermittent ABS/ASR failure. I'm guessing it is a relay or something, because if I cycle power when the light kicks, it usually goes away. Once the car is on and running, it usually doesn't show up mid-drive.

Having said all of that, this car really is fun to drive. I've got new rotors and carbotech xp10/xp8 for the track day weekend planned in June when Nate swings by. Super excited for this.

I, too, am excited by this.

This is good news. We demand video of said track day.

Still need to get the brake ducting sorted. I just had an idea. More on this later.

I doubt I will be able to get the oil cooler situation figured out. The thermostatic switch I bought won't work. So back to the drawing board.

Need to change diff fluid too.

Need to remove and replace the AC compressor.

Need to buy a helmet approved for track days. Looking at Bell, because the name saved my ass once already.

All of this while trying to get the garage permits organized, fix a buddies van with bad lifters, fix that POS jeep, coach, and work full time.

Summer is fuckin' here. Time to get working.

Oh yeah, need new ideas on personalized plates.

FST FRP is no longer allowed. Open to all suggestions.

There was a vendor at CMP renting helmets, fire suits, everything. Maybe if you can't find a Bell you like there will be a solution like that?

RED AF

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    RED AF
    Wish I could, I coach kids and might drive it to practice on occasion...