Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Godson - 1993 Chevrolet Corvette Z07

My tire distributor and I have been getting the run around from federal tires since I started this process.

They have now lost my business, and I'm going old faithfuls route.

Hankook RS4. I wanted quick at the Autocross, and able for track day duty. This can do both. I was thinking about the Bridgestone, but on heavy cars the overheat and blister.

Should have them installed by Friday.

Annnnnd in accurate news. The Federal tires showed up yesterday and were I stalled today. My distributor was never notified they were being shipped to them, nor were they aware a transaction even happened with them...

I'm only running these because of how inexpensive they are. Next set of tires will be hankook RS4. These are just to get the chassis sorted out for the time being.IMG_20180412_190824179_HDR.jpg

Soooooo. A lot has happened in the last few weeks with the car I'd like to update on.

I'll post up later this week.

I only drove it a short way but I had a great time; thanks for giving me the keys, Tyler. It was a bittersweet experience, it simultaneously made me miss my SVT Cobra because of the RWD/V8/6-speed setup but also affirmed why I got rid of it. Your LT1 in that small car really spun up a lot faster than the 4.6L I had in the Ford even if the quoted output is about the same.

My Dad really enjoyed the ride, too. Wish he would've driven it but he really didn't want to spoil the weekend by dumping it into an Amish farm field.

It's all good.

I had fun with the delorean. Next time I'll have better shoes for it

I keep bouncing back and forth on what I want to do with this exact car.

Part of me wants a cool street car, part of me wants a 'race' car...

What's wrong with both! 😁

My Dad on the left, some tongue wagging goofball on the right.

NCM Motorsports Park about an hour after 24LM concluded.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Life's too short to drive boring cars.

So like, Everytime I see a photo of this car, I remember how much I love it.

Anyways. My plan for this car was to invest about 3k or so in bolt on that couldnt be re-used on another newer project if I got bored with this one.

This included a set of new springs for the front and rear. Well, the bad news is, the only company that made the high spring rate setup for the c4 announced they we're closing thier doors permanently back in May. The site is down, e-mails are no longer being answered, phone line is disconnected.

So I will be tasked with either finding a used set, or seeing if someone will be buying the bits and pieces to make new.

Piss.