Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Honda Pilot Black Edition

2022 Honda Pilot Black Edition

Those of you keeping up in my "2022 Sucks" thread in the Open Road know that I recently got a 2022 Pilot. This is a 5-year lease. I absolutely love it. It's in Sonic Gray Pearl. We badly needed a replacement for the old 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe, and this is it. It's a 7-seater and is a remarkable driving machine. It drives like a dream and has all the toys I could ever want, and all latest tech and LED lighting. I haven't gone through the manual yet, so I don't fully understand all the fancy stuff, but I've been driving Honda/Acura for 18 years now so I'm very familiar with the feel of it, and where most everything is.

Obviously this car isn't the fastest SUV (280hp) on the market and won't be a challenge to some of the super SUVs (Mercedes, BMW, Audi, etc), but I don't care about that stuff anymore. I'm almost 47-years-old and drive very civilized these days. It's very comfortable and has a good sized engine (3.5L V6), which translates into a pleasant ride.

Looking forward to our first long trip this fall, probably to Quebec. We are planning a trip to Niagara Falls next weekend, which doesn't really count as a long trip but I'm sure it'll be a pleasant drive. Obviously not pushing the engine too hard right now as it needs to break in slowly.

Thinking of "blacking out" the rear emblems. It would make sense seeing as how it's the "Black Edition", which is only limited to the front grill and powder coated black rims. Going to look for someone to do that if it's not too expensive. Dealer said they don't do it but gave me the go ahead to get it done on my own, and that it wouldn't violate the lease parameters.

Last word about the old Santa Fe. I'm happy to see it go and wish it well. We had it for 8 years almost to the day, and it served us well for 7 of those years. This year it started falling apart, as documented in the other thread. I was kind of emotional in the last couple of days while I was cleaning it out. But life goes on.

The Pilot is a great solid SUV with Honda's trustworthy name behind it, and who knows maybe I'll buy it out at the end of the lease. We'll see.

IMG_7803.jpg IMG_7804.jpg IMG_7805.jpg IMG_7806.jpg IMG_7807.jpg

EDIT - Finally learned how to attach pictures the correct way.
    Last edited by sandydandy; October 5th, 2022 at 06:50 AM.

Nice. Although, your "Black Edition" is grey.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Noice!
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Nice. Although, your "Black Edition" is grey.

Yeah, was totally expecting a black car too. Emblems also definitely should’ve been black.

WTF man?

The new Honda tranny selector definitely had to get used to when we leased our Clarity EV. Not really sure that’s really a better or worse design, just different.

Congrats man!

Looks good, man. Congrats!

Thanks guys.

I thought I mentioned it was Sonic Gray Pearl. The "Black Edition" stuff is just the grill, wheels and the bottom part (skirt?)

I think blacking out the rear emblems will truly make it "Black". Also spraying Axe Black inside.

Also playing some AC/DC.

Back in black
    I’m back in black

Hey, that looks cool. Congrats!

I hope yours runs as well and as long as my wife's 2006 Pilot has. It has 212K miles / 341K kilometres on it and the only problem it has (or has had, that I can remember) is it occasionally won't crank when in Park. The column shifter has to be put it Neutral when that happens before it will start. It has been a fine family truckster for us for about twelve years now, I think.

Edited to add: Is that a CD player?

I would have guess they had been phased out of new cars by now.

More than once in recent years I've joked that not one but both of our Hondas have six, yes SIX CD changers in them, while adjusting my imaginary monocle as if I were a nineteenth-century robber baron.
    Last edited by George; October 4th, 2022 at 08:33 AM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Edited to add: Is that a CD player?

I would have guess they had been phased out of new cars by now.

More than once in recent years I've joked that not one but both of our Hondas have six, yes SIX CD changers in them, while adjusting my imaginary monocle as if I were a nineteenth-century robber baron.
    Looks like the Blu-Ray logo on it, guessing there's a screen for people sitting farther back and you can play movies through that?