Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Godson - 1993 Chevrolet Corvette Z07

It may actually be let me look at the dates of interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Is it the same one we sourced while at the track?

Put another way; why are there so many dead Corvette's in Arkansas?
    It was one of the many I found. But it is now "closer" to me.

IMG_20191123_181928527.jpg

And by closer, I mean in my possession.

Details are:

1992 engine
    137k miles

And that's about what I know.

It appears to have had exhaust manifold gasket, valve cover gasket, intake manifold, and oil pan gasket leaks. The plan is to swap all of those out with new and swap this engine in, while I rebuild the other engine.

Minor ramblings:

I don't want to get too deep into this car in case I like the chassis of the C4 and want to 'upgrade'. I have kicked the idea around of selling the jeep and this for a zr-1 to run in Sport 2 class.

I am also still kicking around the idea on doing a gen 5 LT1 swap in this car.

The current car would have a higher potential and less expensive ceiling. Being the gen 5 engines are 450hp and 420lbs assembled vs 375hp and 600lbs assembled.

The ZR-1 is my childhood dream car, and I could actually own it. However, I am actually intimidated on driving my dream car. I don't want to be let down. I keep going back to wanting the LT5.

Thoughts?

Sell the Jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    The ZR-1 is my childhood dream car, and I could actually own it.

Thoughts?
    You mean the 375hp Lotus-designed quad cam one?

Do it.

It'll be cool to own one
    You might learn things that will inform your C4 ownership in future from it (in terms of tuning directions to go, or not go in)
    It'll probably appreciate over the next few years
    You might love it

Quote Originally Posted by samoht View Post
    You mean the 375hp Lotus-designed quad cam one?

Do it.

It'll be cool to own one
    You might learn things that will inform your C4 ownership in future from it (in terms of tuning directions to go, or not go in)
    It'll probably appreciate over the next few years
    You might love it
    That's the one! I should probably not chase the performance-per-dollar game. I'll get nothing done

Per the appreciation of the car. It probably won't. It will be used quite a bit on the track in competitive, albeit not w2w, form

Holy hell. I haven't touched this thread or the car since the 24th of Nov?

Some updates on what is going on. The "temporary" engine has been gone through with new gaskets, and seals from top to bottom. Without touching the head gaskets.

Garage build is still on hold, because this weather sucks.

With that, the engine swap is also on hold. I can work in a consistent 50° weather. I can't do what it has been....

I'm moving ahead with the current car. Unless a get a stupid and wild hair. I'm selling the shit valved bilsteins for RideTech. The RideTech are built by FOX, and are single adjustable. 730$ for the set. I have lined up a guy to buy my take offs for 250$, I paid 350$.

Along with this, I have submitted a sway bar rule exemption for the C4 Corvette. ADDCO is the only company that makes a sway bar from a major company. Their offerings are actually worse than what my car comes with. The rules group is looking over the submission and will get back to me later. Hopefully they allow me to use RideTechs 1.25in tubular front and 1.125 tubular rear bar.

I will possibly need to submit a rule request for the RideTech shocks, because the TT group is trying to use a setup from Tire rack as the parts supplier. I'm cool with that, and if needed I will try to get them to work in for RideTech products.

I'll upload photos in a bit

Last edited by Godson; February 16th, 2020 at 03:17 PM.

So, latest updates on this.

After some seriously frustrating findings, like whoever did the exhaust welded the entire thing together from the catalytic converters back, It was also done in a fashion that is binding the mid-pipes, so I can't remove the exhaust without cutting the resonators out... This isn't an entirely bad thing, because I noticed the E-brake cable goes over the resonators, and has actually rubbed a small hole in the most rearward part of the resonators. Going to hack them out with a sawzall, and replace with an X-pipe/ y-pipe. Good Possibility I will be going to Burns Stainless and talking to them about their recommendations, etc. The likely X-pipe choice will be $400+. So I want to make sure what I do is the right choice.

Because of this scenario, I have also decided to have the other engine I bought torn down and gone through. Complete refresh, to the rules build. My brother works at a machine shop, and I am paying him to tear that down and take it to work for inspection, etc. He had the heads and pan off and ready to go in no time. I miss-placed the crankshaft harmonic balancer bolt, which prevented him from taking the timing chain, etc off, along with the tear down of the rest of the engine. This was 2 weeks ago. Brother has since ghosted me (while living at my parents house) so that process is now on hold also.....I'm not happy about that in the least bit. Plan for this engine is after it is built, and ready to go I will get it to a Dyno, and have a proper break in at the dyno. I will also know what I have to work with for power, etc. This will all be done before the first event. I have 7 weeks as of today. Not looking good with the current situations...

I had a few parts to be added to allowed list for my car. Comically enough, Nate pointed out, I was the only one asking for parts to be added. One of them passed, the Sway bars, the other was declined, the RideTech Shocks. So with that information, I found out I needed to chase out some KONIs. I rummaged through my list of coupons I had lying around, and Summit had a 10% off coupon. It worked with the KONI's so that saved me 70$. That will come in handy when I go to buy other needed items. The sale of the previous shocks, along with this savings I am out 390 dollars fo this upgrade. That's fine by me.

Hope I have more information soon.

Ghosted by your own brother? Dude...