Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Godson - 1993 Chevrolet Corvette Z07

I feel like you have a lot of time to get this done.

Quote Originally Posted by GB View Post
    Ghosted by your own brother? Dude...
    He and I haven't had the brightest of histories. We haven't ever really gotten along, and he has been hurting for money, so I gave him a chance.

His GF is also a nutcase, and I know that's wearing on him. But to simply not respond has me a bit pissed, if I am to be frank.

Nate, something tells me I will have a lot of time. But waiting for shit to happen isn't my strong point.

Fast forward a month and a half, I still don't have an engine from the machine shop, in fact, they fucked up and overbored the engine outside of class limits. I said I would take my original block, illegal bore and all, and they find a replacement block. The replacement block is from a Camaro, which has 2 bolts per main bearing cap vs the Corvettes 4 bolt design. More bolts = better control of crankshaft and bearings from deflection. That likely has put me further back in my timeline. I dunno.

*Supposedly* the block will be ready for assembly tomorrow, that doesn't mean it will get done. Also, it doesn't account for TOD pickup. IF I can get the engine Wednesday early, I could *possibly* get the swap done in time. But that's pushing it with my call schedule.

I still need to swap over accessories for the dead engine for the replacement, before I can get the replacement engine into the car. Then I need to have the exhaust work done.

All of this to be accomplished in just over a week.

I told Nate I feel completely defeated about this entire scenario. I've been working in some way shape or form on getting this shit done since December when I got the replacement engine.

/me flips table and leaves the room.

It will probably be ready in time for Nats.

Good luck getting things sorted out one way or another. It'll be fun once it's up and running again.

You sell the Jeep yet or what?

Looks like he is too busy building a garage.

So like ... I have a shit ton to talk about, with even more photos.

I'll leave it at this

I finally got the car back together, and running. I took it out to a TNiA for engine and clutch brake in. A super basic shakedown is all. Pulled a few laps, and a missfire developed. And I called it a night before any damage occured.

Out of patience and out of time, I punted to a friend who has a lot of experience with the gen 2 sbc.

Quick diagnosis, and a free fix put me out of a diagnostic fee and back on the road.

So now I'm currently sitting in a trailer, in Bowling Green Kentucky, watching "Driven" as the rain falls. The Vette is here, and ready to go. I've gotten 100 miles of break in for the engine and clutch. So who knows what lies ahead.

Should be fun.

Fingers crossed. All things go well I will see you guys Sunday.
    Get that weak shit off my track