Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast

Thread: Godson - 1993 Chevrolet Corvette Z07

Guess I'll buy a Porsche

$30k limit?

You could haggle this down: https://kingmotorsfl.com/inventory/4...rolet-Corvette

It's a "Monster Track car!!! SUPER FAST CAR!!!! LIGHTING FAST!! WOW WHAT A HOTT CAR!!!" according to the ad.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Guess I'll buy a Porsche
    The best car in that game, for me, is a Cayman.

Another one for discussion.

FRS

Super fun as long as you're okay with straightaways getting longer. They need oil coolers for track use for sure. Huge aftermarket. Great handling. Cheap but well put together for the most part.

We've talked about the choices on your list. From my experience the Boss 302 and Cayman S are the best drives at the limit. They're very different flavors as you know! I can't remember driving an S550 with PP.

The Giulia non-QF drives well but you can't turn nannies all the way off. The system is really good, but there's still this sense of too much competency to where the car never really gets entertaining. You just go into corners faster than you think and wonder if the car will carve the arc you want or a different one. The rear end never ever gives a feeling of being alive back there, and yet the car doesn't feel horribly understeery. Altogether it's kind of eerie actually. Bet it would make a great daily though.

On the Giulia, There are a few tunes out there that eliminate nannies on the base models, which is allowed in sport. However, that car has a mountain of things to deal with to be track worthy. The lack of seat tilt is a major no go, no quick add on harness like scroth, possible cooling issues, possible oil starve issues, etc As you said, it would be an awesome daily, and if I was only looking for a daily it would be the choice. I also noticed what you mention about the rear suspension, etc. Kinda a weird sensation.

The FRS likely wouldn't be making stock power levels for long. I've got a pretty good friend who has a S/C'd one I'm going to test fit/drive
    Last edited by Godson; January 19th, 2021 at 08:43 AM.

I've seen an LS in one, too, so, you know, there's that...

Yeah, I have seen one locally like that too.

We shall see.

Man, this hasn't been updated in a while.

The 'vette has been sitting at the parents while I have been finishing up the garage.

I had to read up on what my last posts were to remind me where this project has been.

It makes me sad. Like, I'm shocked at how the thought of what is to come is.

The engine will be getting pulled on Saturday, and back to the shop after finding excessive blow by on cylinders number 6/8. Machine shop is going to do a tear down, inspection, and rebuild on it. Who knows how many years that will take them.

Once the engine has been redone, it goes back together and up for sale. Hopefully to a certain interested party. I'll be really sad that day, possibly the most sad I have been over a vehicle sale.

With that said, I will be doing video and voice overs on my YouTube channel, as a precursor to practicing for the F136 swap. Please feel free to add any ideas, input, or just tell me to fuck off.

Stay tuned.

Subscribed.