Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ALERT! Venturi 3D - My New 3D Printer Company Launching Soon!!

As soon as I need 3D printing, I know where to go. Congrats on everything

That is a much more diplomatic answer than mine.

Canadians are so rude

I'm interested but have limited time and money...

So far I've designed a piece of jewelry for the wife and printed it out thru shapeway...

For my occasional use, shapeway is probably all I need for now... not sure if I want to get a printer of my own just yet...

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    That is a much more diplomatic answer than mine.

I totally understand. The challenge for me has been to try to appeal to people who already use 3D printers and want to upgrade (There's LOTS of very cheap and crappy ones out there now), and also appeal to those familiar with 3D printing but have not yet wanted to try it because it's too complicated.

I am trying to bridge that gap. I think I will be able to, once it's more obvious about the numerous practical things they can be used for reliably.

The focus with the 1,000 3D models is going to be primarily usefulness, along with toys, etc. for kids.

I am also confident that this will be the way forward and that....finally...major companies will start to use this type of platform to submit their own downloadable models.

Right now, we're in the "napster" era of 3D models with a lot of un-licensed ones there, and companies like Disney have started to crack down on models in places like Thingiverse.com

I really want to see a marketplace option open up where you pay $1-2 a model and know that it will print properly, every time. Then we'll see things like car part replacements, official marvel and star wars and video game related toys, and additions to your Ikea furniture and additions to things you buy from Amazon, etc.

Good luck, mate!

I don't know much about 3D printing, but one thing that occurs to me if you want to sell to people who don't know much about them is to show them why they need one in their life. Apple is great at marketing the iPhone this way. Show people something really cool or useful they can do with your product that is unique or they might not have known about.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Agreed, we'll have details about the individual 3D models coming soon

Junior Potato
    Wow, you’ve been busy!

Looks like you’re selling not just a printer, but an ecosystem for printing a whole heap of things that companies or rights holders might want to get on board with.

Couple of questions:

Can it still be used to print things of your own design, for example if a small company was to invest in one and use it for prototyping?

And what will the cost of raw materials be like, and how long do you expect they’ll last before needing to be replenished?

I think one of the coolest things right now is 3d printing for RC flying things. You can do the mutlirotor frames and a few companies offer the ability to buy the files to 3d print fairly large planes. (4 to 5 foot wingspan planes.)

Crash them and just reprint whatever broke. Pricing isn't bad for the files either.