Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ALERT! Venturi 3D - My New 3D Printer Company Launching Soon!!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Frustration...

Been tweeting messages out to people about our project...lots of people in the 3D printing community, but just getting a lot of silly backlash from people who choose not to understand what we're doing and just want to bash it publicly.

I love when everyone provides their "expert" opinion and yet they all disagree with each other. It really makes trying to do things to help the community a lot of fun. �� I've been 3D printing things since 2003...longer than most people even knew about 3D printing...believe it or not, we MIGHT just know what we're doing!

It's difficult to feel support for a project when all you hear is "I support you and I want you to succeed BUT...", they don't do anything to support us, they don't donate or spread the word, they just want to inject their opinion, even though it's usually based on bias and not actual facts. It's just difficult to be civil to these morons sometimes.

So yes, I knew this was something that would probably happen...it doesn't mean I have to enjoy it. Luckily I do have some VERY dedicated people on my side who love my project and want to help reply to people, etc.

Just now I literally had someone complain that our lead time was simultaneously too short and too long...like WTF?

Either help us push the industry forward, or get the f- outta the way.

.....sorry, had to vent.

Are you expecting too much?

Is this international?
    If so then Trump is not helping.
    Also, Europe just went on holiday, weather is generally not helping eighter.

You can’t take in everybody’s opinions in like that dude. Try to remove emotional elements to see if the critics really make sense. If yes, then take their opinions and make adjustments. If not, then you just have to try to brush them off.

Elon Musk probably receives way more criticisms than you. Besides not financially supporting his efforts, there are lots of folks actually betting against him.

I have had my share of criticisms for your business. You are the one trying to make your dreams come true... so you’ll have to try to stay cool so that you can take constructive criticisms while ignoring the bad. Don’t gobble them all up and end up with indigestion! Realization of your dream requires you to stay cool so that you can make the right decisions...

Stay focused and chill dude!

Money wise it seems like a lot, but we only have to sell around 150 units, and comparatively these printers are at very good prices. I'm still modifying and adjusting things to make it all flow better on the kickstarter page.

It's a balance I'm doing right now, trying to appeal to hobbyists who are usually more eager to try new products that are open source and the new market of people who aren't familiar with 3D printing but want to try it out.

I have absolutely no idea what these kickstarts, startups and so actually means at psychological level of receiving side but I do know that You must not be an idealist, you will burn.

Majority of people are dumb as fuck, ignore them.
    Put aside TV-shop day dreamers also, you can't have or want their souls.

Start being pragmatic.
    Create templates, at least for stupid comments.
    Concentrate to info requests but have answer for everybody.
    Be like Trump with his fake news, but this time bang away the truth, tirelessly, endlessly.

Hope you have enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by mk View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what these kickstarts, startups and so actually means at psychological level of receiving side but I do know that You must not be an idealist, you will burn.

Majority of people are dumb as fuck, ignore them.
    Put aside TV-shop day dreamers also, you can't have or want their souls.

Start being pragmatic.
    Create templates, at least for stupid comments.
    Concentrate to info requests but have answer for everybody.
    Be like Trump with his fake news, but this time bang away the truth, tirelessly, endlessly.

Hope you have enough time.
    Thanks, that is useful advice

Update, due to several reasons, we've cancelled our Kickstarter temporarily and are going to re-group and re-launch later:

http://venturi3d.com/letter.html

Junior Potato

But then again:

Here’s hoping attempt number two works out. Please keep us in the loop.

honestly, we started on a path of the 4 color setup but the further along we went, we realized that the reliability just wasn't there. The 2 color setup is SO MUCH less complex.

Realizing dreams can be hard..., but at least you’re taking steps inching toward it. Can’t say that for myself...

Keep at it. Good luck!