Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ALERT! Venturi 3D - My New 3D Printer Company Launching Soon!!

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Almost missed this comment:

If there are already lots of folks selling printers, you'll need a better ecosystem to out sell the other folks. That's how apple did it with their mp3 players and phones.
    THAT'S THE THING! There IS no other ecosystem out there. Every other 3D printer requires you to either create your own CAD drawings, or find models from various websites and do the rest of the fixing/orientation/preferences/programming yourself and hope that it prints correctly the first time. Even the most experienced 3D printer owners I know still get failed prints due to improper settings.

These repositories have over a million 3D models available for people with the time and patience to print them

Instead of that, we're taking that entire process of trial and error on our end and presenting the final gcode so it prints correctly every time.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Yes, you could.

There's also an "OpenRC F1" project that's been going on for a while:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1193309
    That is not nearly complex enough. I need a fully suspended car!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    That is not nearly complex enough. I need a fully suspended car!
    um, pick one?

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q...95a8df8d9c6bcf

Fully suspended IndyCar, friend. NEED IT!

Well, me from 20 years ago needed it.
    Get that weak shit off my track

So after all of your valuable feedback, I've decided that there's several things I need to change on the promotional side of things for this kickstarter

The layout style (Kickstarter kinda makes this limited unfortunately but there's ways around it)

First, I need to provide better examples of the 3D Models we will have available, I knew this was the case already, just a matter of determining the most popular models to promote

Second, There's a number of features that we're trying to cover in a short space, difficult to prioritize which ones.

Third, definitely need to show the comparison of other 3D printers on the market to show the kind of value being available.

Also, I know it is a fine line between promoting this printer to people who are aware of 3D printing already, I'm not going to promote this to people who are clueless about it, as it would be a waste of time FOR NOW. Once the kickstarter is successful and we can get more investment, ramp up production etc, then we can go further.

Two segments then, have and have nots, of machines.

If market is matured so that machines are mostly there already then replacing them must be your goal.
    Means probably that you need to give some/much with the new machine.

My intuition is that the situation is not even close to be there yet.

Few decades ago computers were "numbers inside", like speed and size and so on.
    Now it's different and it might also be so for majorly of those who still don't have the machine.
    If that really is the case then tooting hardware is a wrong way.

BTW, I got a new *phone*, 3310, it's a f*ing button bully but I'm in a marginal, maybe it's a generation thing.

OT
    For promo stand you obviously need a laterally rotating gear with precession and counter rotating standing V inside it.

Quote Originally Posted by mk View Post
    OT
    For promo stand you obviously need a laterally rotating gear with precession and counter rotating standing V inside it.
    ooh, I like that.

Regarding your other points, I agree...that's the line I'm figuring out. There's hundreds of 3D printing companies out there, but the overall market is still very small. I'm guessing about 1 in 500 people currently own a 3D printer in the modern world. I do think it has to do with three things, lack of understanding or awareness, not having compelling reasons to buy it, feel like it's too complicated to learn.

I can EASILY help potential customers with the first and third one, it's the "compelling reason to buy it" part. I'm hoping of this 2,500 printers we can at least get the "First in line" people who love new technology.

By the way, I already have 3 people, maybe more, interested in buying one where I work

Yes, for the sustainability of your business, you absolutely need to help people come up with a compelling reason to buy.

Frankly I'm not sure if it'll ever gain mass appeal, but maybe just target certain demographics like engineers and artists type that may have needs to quickly turn their ideas into physical reality.

Point is you need to focus on staying in business 1st before attempting to put a 3D printer in every home. Just like Elon didn't attempt to sell the model 3 before S and X.

still think you're missing the point Billi.....there's other 3d printers on the market for artists and engineers....ours is for everyone else

But what is the compelling reason for 'everyone' else to buy your printer?

I'm an engineer and I'm interested in 3D printing, but at the moment, I don't feel that compelled to pay $1000 for it at this time. I'd rather go thru shapeway because I'm only an occasional user. If you can't compel me, how can you compel everyone else? That's my point.

If your point is for educational use, perhaps you can market your machine to schools or something...