Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MotoGP

Junior Potato
    Wowee. A HRC super team. Is this confirmed?

Two riders that Rossi fans hate, in the same garage!

Confirmed.
    That's 6 motogp championships in the same garage.

Junior Potato
    And they’re both used to being the #1. It could be electrifying.

This has echoes of Senna/Prost at McLaren.

And together they robbed Valentino Rossi of a championship.

There's talk that Marc VDS will completely abandon MotoGP and concentrate on Moto 2 & 3 teams. The MotoGP team is in absolute disarray with team principal and team owner barely on speaking terms and with allegations of financial impropriety being banded around. it's not going well.

Lorenzo to Honda is a strange one. It's been suggested that the Honda is a very physical bike that is difficult to be smooth on and Lorenzo is Mr Smoooooth which is why the Yamaha suited him so well. It's all about corner speed compared to the Ducati which is all about power and traction and the Honda seems to be more about traction out of corners. I'm really unsure what Lorenzo's thinking is.

Junior Potato
    I’m guessing that he wanted nothing short of a full factory ride anywhere but Ducati (and Suzuki and Aprilia and KTM) and hey, the HRC ride opened up at a convenient time.

It’s arguably the greatest team in the sport, but it does seem like a poisoned chalice right now. Nobody, not even a top-tier rookie, would be wise to take the seat with the large shadow of Marquez looming over the team and the entirety of that bike’s development.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    I’m guessing that he wanted nothing short of a full factory ride anywhere but Ducati (and Suzuki and Aprilia and KTM) and hey, the HRC ride opened up at a convenient time.

It’s arguably the greatest team in the sport, but it does seem like a poisoned chalice right now. Nobody, not even a top-tier rookie, would be wise to take the seat with the large shadow of Marquez looming over the team and the entirety of that bike’s development.
    Have to say it's a ballsy move to make for Jorge. He must really believe in himself. The only thing that concerns me is any development of the bike will be towards what Marc wants rather than what Jorge wants.

Nobody ever said Jorge was smart.

Now, petrucci was a no-brainer.

In other news, I can't wait for Honda's failure to handle two egoists.

Junior Potato
    It has been tried before.

"The vital importance of straight-line braking in MotoGP’s Michelin era explained and the big question: can Lorenzo win the title for Ducati?" asks @MatOxley: http://bit.ly/2t8TigG