Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MotoGP

Junior Potato
    It was alright. Good opener. Not really surprised with who won or what happened.

And I agree with Blerpa 100%.

I occasionally see arguments among the hoi-polloi that an old man like Rossi is just hogging a seat that a younger, faster rider could take and do great things with, and that he’s unfairly kept this seat because of the marketing. But that argument has consistently been shattered over the years, and last weekend proved it again.

Aside from the possible exception of Zarco, there is not another rider who doesn’t already have a fast bike to sit on, or deserves it more than Rossi. Viñales is no hope at the moment, and look at how fast he was a year ago.

A great stat I read that was mentioned by Neil Morrison regarding the fantastic competitiveness level we've arrived at in MGP now. From the start of last season through the first race this year, the 15th place finisher (final points scorer) has finished within 35 seconds of the race winner 7 different times. In the previous 68 years of the championship, that has only happened 4 times.

What a double travesty. Miller didn't deserve to be treated this way. Also Marquez? WTF?

1) He should have started from the pits since he went backwards in the grid. And they ONLY gave him a drivethrough.
    2) He stupidly bumped out Espargaro. He should have got another drivethrough. He ONLY got a "give back position".
    3) He stupidly bumped out Rossi. He should have got another drivethrough, though, since it was his third offence, he should have been disqualified by rulings. He ONLY got an after race drivethrough.

A fucking travesty.

Junior Potato
    Yeah what a crazy race.

Just because you’re faster, doesn’t mean you can ride like a gronk for the whole race.

Marquez has been like this since day one. He literally respects nobody on the track, and will risk everything for the sake of a position. He has dive-bombed other riders countless times, sometimes with no side effects (against Dovi multiple times). And other times ending a person's race (here with Rossi).

He needs more than a slap on the wrist before he kills someone.

I would suggest that it hasn't been since day one and that he had showed a great amount of growth since hitting the MGP class. I felt as though I was watching Moto2 MM on Sunday where he knew he was seconds a lap faster then anyone else on the weekend and just couldn't be satisfied with anything other then a blowout.

The whole affair on Sunday was crazy and Jack got the shaft for sure... and not only on Sunday IMO. I was yelling at the tv like crazy on Saturday watching qualifying. The director was on the spot the moment Jack went out on slicks as he was the first to try. It was duly displayed on screen and yet Steve, Matt & Simon, all three commentators missed it. They were all about Marc & Cal going out on them though. Then when they gave up and came back in of course they called it but failed to acknowledge Jack still out there on his. Then finally just before the checkered flag Matt & Steve realize he too is actually on slicks and make a small remark... still not seeming to realize what may about to happen (that is his time was becoming soooo fast on the dry parts of the circuit that slowing down for the one really wet spot might still get him to the top) but then the pièce de résistance of course is that the director then managed to not show any of the pole lap. I was at least paying attention but didn't get to see any of it!

And he fucking continues with his antics in qualifying

Fucking snooze fest

I stupidly spoiled the race for myself by surfing websites that might feature results in headlines today at work. Watching now.

Yeah, not very exciting.

Interesting note, I found out that Tech3 is switching to KTM next season. That's interesting considering they are sponsored by Monster, and KTM by Red Bull. And will Zarco stay? I'd love for him to be on a factory M1. Though if he can help lift KTM up to the top teams, that'd be nice.

I also continue to enjoy watching Lorenzo suck.
    Last edited by Freude am Fahren; April 22nd, 2018 at 09:24 PM.

Zarco is probably not staying in Tech3: he is a Yamaha protegè.
    Lorenzo is really abysmal, but he should soon jump ship to Suzuki taking Iannone's place... although after yesterday, dunno, it's not like Rins has been stellar.

EDIT: And I stand corrected: Zarco refused an Honda offer to replace Pedrosa next year and signed with KTM to race in their official team for the 2019 and 2020 seasons, alongside Pol Espargaro.
    Disappointing Bradley Smith will be dropped by the austrian bike manufacturer.
    Tech3, which will be KTM satellite team, will replace Zarco with Miguel Oliveira, soon to be promoted from Moto 2 to the top class; the promising spaniard could be teaming up with malaysian Hafiz Syahrin, already riding for the french team.
    Last edited by Blerpa; April 23rd, 2018 at 01:22 AM.