Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MotoGP

Lorenzo is a twat. That's why.

Is this confirmed info?

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Lorenzo is a twat. That's why.

Is this confirmed info?
    Are you asking if those rider positions are confirmed or Lorenzo’s twatness ?
    Cause I can confirm that one of those is most definitely true and confirmed.

Lorenzo twatness is confirmed all along from the Sun to Alpha Centauri.
    The rest is speculation and guessing.

Latest news: Lorenzo is trying to develop a project to get Marc VDS to field a work Yamaha for him, alongside Morbidelli. Dorna is ok about it and also Yamaha is interested, as Rossi and Lorenzo wouldn't be dividing the same team box, obviously.
    Last edited by Blerpa; May 27th, 2018 at 04:00 PM.

Interesting!
    I’d argue that Doohan had a couple of easy seasons near the end of his career. Balanced against that was his age (he was 29 when he got his first title, of 5!)
    Rossi is also amazing but did get some good stats earlier in his career before the era of “the aliens”.
    I’d have guessed Stoner would be up there. Definitely in a very competitive era. He and Marc probably helped by not going head to head.
    In the end you can’t control the quality of your opposition, but what really stands out for me with Marc is his stats in an era that probably has as much talent as any other time.

Oh and lastly... who would be last on this list of win percentage? For a world champ...
    Talking with friends I nicknamed him “mr 3%” as that was his win ratio, but then he doubled his career starts for no more wins to come in with 3 wins from over 200 starts.

Is that a quiz? if so obviously you would be referring to Nicky.

I love Noyes, one of my all time fave motorcycle journalists and this just made me want to mention here that my current fave is David Emmett so if any of you have never perused motomatters.com, I would suggest that you give it a view.

Junior Potato
    I've always believed that the presence of Marquez is what has prevented Stoner from a much-rumoured coming out of retirement. He just doesn't want to race against him, I don't think.

And yeah, Rossi had it pretty easy in the first decade (!) of his premier class career. Stoner and then Lorenzo were the first to truly challenge him. Since 2009 it has been the Lorenzo/Marquez show.

I wasn’t trying to take away from Rossi or Doohan - they did dominate when the opposition wasn’t strong. But that opposition was still the next best riders in the world!

Doohan was unlucky, that crash cost him a championship and possibly another the next year. He may have won 7. Then again is he didn’t crash he might have retired earlier.

Rossi’s stats were hurt by his Ducati time. He has never been afraid to move to try something new or maybe even just to challenge himself.

Stoner - great rider, but not a great sportsman. Certainly not for the modern age where much more is expected of you.
    Great guy to watch on the bike, hard to watch off it.

Junior Potato
    I’d say Stoner wrote the book on twatiness that Lorenzo is following.

Or was it Biaggi? Hard to tell.