Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: 2018 MotoGP

https://www.gazzetta.it/Moto/moto-GP...35980264.shtml

Disgusting money grabbers, the Hayden's family.
    6 million dollars for an accident mostly caused by his son.

Moto2: Romano Fenati pulled Stefano Manzi’s brake lever at 140mph during Sunday’s Moto2 race in San Marino.
    No one got hurt
    Now that that's out of the way; glad it wasn't an American to pull that kind of stunt

Fenati is an idiot, no matter how much of an asshole was Manzi being the lap before.
    A 2 race suspension sounds to me like a too lenient penalty for someone that is not anymore in his rookie year at the international level.

Quote Originally Posted by Blerpa View Post
    Fenati is an idiot, no matter how much of an asshole was Manzi being the lap before.
    A 2 race suspension sounds to me like a too lenient penalty for someone that is not anymore in his rookie year at the international level.
    His team has sacked him apparently. As it stands that's him out for the rest of the season.

His contract for next year (with the team of the rider he sabotaged) has been ripped up as well.

Chances are another team will pick him up, he's been fast on his day but has history of Anger issues. One race after qualifying was over they usually all line up for practice starts. Mr Fenati was annoyed at someone, I forget why and berated him with the usual Italian hand gestures then decided he'd had enough and hit the engine cut switch on the other persons bike. These have no starter and a Moto3 bike is very hard to push start. He's got issues and needs to learn to control them.

Lori actually alerted me to this guy, as it made it to the front page of The Guardian. What a vile move. Because he is a repeat offender, he should be banned from motorcycle racing altogether.

Junior Potato
    He has previously been sacked from Valentino Rossi’s Sky VR46 team for arguing with Uccio Salucci. Plus that kill Switch thing was preceded by a protracted argument and a kick. He’s a piece of work.

I don’t think any team would risk him - both the chance of him doing something stupid, plus the backlash against a team just for having him.
    I’m guessing his career is over.

Yeah, Marinelli Snipers sacked him and MV Agusta official team, Team Forward, coming back to world prototype racing next season in Moto 2 with Triumph engines (along with Manzi), tore up his contract.
    He is out and probably going to stay out for quite some time.
    EDIT: FMI (Italian Motorcycle Federation) has suspended Fenati's license and has called him to show up for an audit, so he's going to go on a sport justice trial.
    FIM (International Motorcycle Federation) has called the rider to show up for a meeting the 9th of September, to discuss his behaviour on the track.
    Last edited by Blerpa; September 11th, 2018 at 12:55 PM.