Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Alright, after some rewind shenanigans inspired by the video, I've got this week's challenge done.
    I gave up. I watched Stevios video, tried for 20 mins or so, and couldn't be bothered. I've got 1000 or so FP so I'm good for the moment, but yes - a toughie, given that recent ones have been so easy!

Annoying note: I loaded this up to play for a few minutes the other day before I had to go do something, because in general it's a good game to have some fun in short bits... I was met with about 10 minutes of unskippable ads for various add ons, DLC, etc before it loaded me to my property and I could drive around. Does this happen every time, or is it because I haven't played in a while and there's been various additions released since?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by M4FFU View Post
    I gave up. I watched Stevios video, tried for 20 mins or so, and couldn't be bothered. I've got 1000 or so FP so I'm good for the moment, but yes - a toughie, given that recent ones have been so easy!
    I ended up basically following his guide, but set a 20 lap race, and would let the pack get in front of me each lap (there was one straggler who I stayed in front of). Then the key for me was to let them get a bit of a gap before the jump section, then take a good run at it. Otherwise I'd end up crashing into the back of people leading into the first jump, but if I had enough gap, I'd end up in that section a good 15-20mph faster than the drivatars and that made it pretty easy to get the airborne passes.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Annoying note: I loaded this up to play for a few minutes the other day before I had to go do something, because in general it's a good game to have some fun in short bits... I was met with about 10 minutes of unskippable ads for various add ons, DLC, etc before it loaded me to my property and I could drive around. Does this happen every time, or is it because I haven't played in a while and there's been various additions released since?
    It's gotta be the latter, though it's hard for me to say since I got the fancy version that already includes the DLC. I think a remember a teaser video for Fortune Island at some point, but definitely nothing like that.

Administrator
    Small but good update out today, namely that the limit to the number of cars in the garage is up to 750 from, I think, 550.

I still don't actually understand why they have a limit on the size, but whatevs.

Administrator
    Really enjoying the new free-for-all adventures, it's basically the same as the team racing adventure only it's back to traditional non-team mode and you just get points for your finishing position. I'm even liking the freeroam, finding that a lot of times in road cars that it's better to just stick to the roads, you'll often beat the people who beeline across the landscape.

I still need to find cars that work for all the disciplines though - if I get S1 road racing my NSX is a monster, but I don't really have a go-to for any of the others.

Administrator
    Looks like they're realizing that we all are just sitting on a ton of Forzathon points and stopped bothering with the Forzathon Live events a while ago, the price for a 2018 Civic Type R is 800 FP. I think that's the highest any car has been so far.

It'd be nice if they'd just make the Forzathon Live events actually fun rather than try to cajole you into doing them by increasing the cost of the cars.

If only gaming in general, and gamers in general, realized that fun was a better motivator than high cost. The whole market is going away from it.

Administrator
    If anyone's working on the enraging "Moor Than a Feeling" seasonal co-op challenge, I finally made a tune worth sharing for the ATS-V. It should be available under my gamertag "Swervo". Made what was an infuriating challenge laughably easy.

Thanks! I grabbed it and ran it just now. Once the, uh, underperforming teammates left the first race (even though I came in first, with your setup), we clean-sweeped the second two. I can see how that challenge would be a PITA.