Page 53 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Administrator
    The other Lego cars look close enough that they're obviously lego versions of the cars they're based on. The Chiron is a rebadged AMC Eagle.

Haha it's not great. Apparently that's an old model that Lego took off the store shelves?

Also PSA, get on the Forzathon shop now for a super rare Focus PO car (and some others)

Administrator
    Yep, and a free Apollo Intensa Emozione. Even if that car list says you've got everything, the PO cars don't show up in that and I didn't own one.

I got the Focus PO, I didn't have that.
    I may get the free Apollo and sell it next week - I did the same with the Ferrari 512 S from the 70s - got 3, sold 1, gonna sell, probably, another one next week.
    Just be a freeloader and wait for desperate people that have missed freebies and offers

I did get the livery, Scotty, quite unique, really distinguishing from the rest of the usual I-D suspects.

Weird new season: some races were pretty uneventful (especially the Trial - I used a 2019 Vette and my mate spanked me and the opposition with a Vantage '18, but we won easy), others like the 2010s S2 street races were the usual shitfest of punting and AIs going bonker, bah.
    Tried almost all alternative vehicles for this season: aforamentioned Vette '19 (fail), Range Rover SVR '15 for the Rover series (interesting car, actually), sweet Torana for the dirt Classic Muscle cup (I like the Holden a lot but I couldn't keep up with my mate basic Charger, my usual car in this class is the underrated Chrysler Valiant Charger - so fail for the Torana).
    I did the 2010s race with a reliable Mosler - one of my favourite cars in the game, although I usually go for the 918 S or the CLK GTR for S2 shenanigans.

We have to still do the Playground Games, probably going to use the old Abarth 500 for kicks! Ha!

Administrator
    The Trial was shockingly easy this week. I ended up going for a DB4 Zagato that I basically just threw every part on, then cranked on as much front downforce as I could while also softening up the front just to try to get the stupid thing to turn at speed, and won two of the three races. My teammates, who I would overall describe as "very much not good" and mostly just kept slamming me into the wall, also did very well. One of the races saw all humans in front of all drivatars, despite the incredibly shitty driving my teammates were capable of.

It was weird how bad the AI was in it. Zagato was kinda fun though, but had that understeer at speed disease that a lot of the fast AWD cars have.

I guess one of these days I should try the playground game stuff. I hate it so much, but if I just win one of them I'll get an achievement....

I was forced in to a cross country ranked team adventure to complete my 1/1 session to get ranked again for the series. God I hate cross country. At one point I was heading towards a jump, gaining on an opponent quickly, only for them to be just slow enough that I hit them, *immediately* stopped, and got stuck on the edge of the jump. Rage.

Administrator
    I do seem to hit cross country a lot too. Thankfully everyone else seems to hate it too, and I've gotten better at the freeroam rush and often get most of my points from that these days.

Cross Country makes up most of the unranked online adventures I do with my friends: we have gotten used to it. It is always in A 800 or S1 900 classes.
    We religiously use the Porsche Macan 2019 in both classes, it is truly the best car for it.

That doesn't help anyway with bogus accidents or stupid teammates... and Free Roam Rushes are still kinda hit and miss, although we have got a better knowledge of FRR tracks, so there are races where we know right away what tricks and shortcuts to take to try to win it - map observation before race starts is paramount.

And yes, EVERYONE hates Free Roam Rush racing. EVERYONE.
    Yet I prefer it to drifting which for me is not motorsport at all, but the hatred for FRRs is so universal I really don't get why PG does not give up and finally pull them out of the game or render them totally optional.
    Last edited by Blerpa; February 19th, 2020 at 03:44 AM.

Administrator
    I would do Freeroam Rush constantly if it meant I never had to drive those offroad buggies again. Ill-handling little pieces of shit.

Administrator
    Some new content to be inferred from a screenshot, namely a new story, the McLaren Speedtail, Toyota 2000GT, and a Napier Railton.