Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Yeah. It's getting me to toy with the idea of picking it up.

Administrator
    Zonda R FE manages to get around the Goliath circuit in just over 8 1/2 minutes per lap, so a little under 45 minutes for a 5 lapper. That netted almost 500K in credits, plus multiple levels up of both the road racing stat and the overall level. It also easily cruises about half the lap over 200mph, so it just racks up ultimate speed skills which both fills the skill points and generates influence for the overall level. By the end of it I had 13 wheelspins which got me about another half million, now sitting at 13.6M.

Think I'll do that right now.

Pretty sure the super-dependent-on-your-team coop championship doesn't actually grant you super wheels spins.
    Did it earlier this week with nothing. Did it again last night with Novi and nothing.

I'd like 10 freebies as payback for the imposed stress, k thx, Playground.

Also, the Senna arrived in my Xbox live msgs last night. I redeemed it and got it in my garage without resetting the game. I love that thing.

Administrator
    Also got the Senna, am pleased about that.

Zonda did the trick. Ran it two more times, but of course the second time was when I was smart and maxxed out its perks. It gets 6,000 points for an Ultimate Clean Racing skill at that point and 2,400, I think, for Ultimate Speed, which thankfully now come fast enough that they keep your streak alive. Managed to hold the streak all the way down the west coast on one lap and got my PB for a skill streak, somewhere around 460K, just for driving really fast. Was leveling up almost once a lap just from xp (I'm going to call it that instead of influence points, because it's the same thing) earned from skill streaks. Finished the 5 lapper, went to buy Edinburgh castle and ended that with 20 wheelspins and 10 super wheelspins, and completely earned back my skill point investment, I think I got about 90 points during the race. Kinda got cheated on the super wheelspins, I had one that was just three clothing items which is the ultimate in disappointment. Still, got a couple of FE cars out of it, bank account is back up to around 800K, and now I never have to think about trying to buy that 15M castle ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It started really good, but right now it's feeling like work. I'm hoping that as they iron out the kinks of the online multiplayer (like how GreatScawt joined my convoy the other day and I still have no idea what that actually meant, and somehow ended up confused as to what to do next and he eventually left, maybe as confused as I was?) that'll change. It's still fun, though, don't get me wrong, and it looks so damn pretty it's hard to not have at least a little bit of a good time with it.
    Oops just saw this. I have no idea, I thought you joined my convoy . I wanted to do a Forzathon so I ended up leaving since you weren't queued up for it as well. You're right though, it's not obvious what being in a convoy actually means.

What I end up doing when convoying with Novi is start PI-limited coop races against the AI. You level up your various XPs pretty quick. And the races are marked complete as you do them still. That and the seasonal stuff.

Administrator
    Am I the only one that misses when games came with actual printed manuals that explained what everything is, and how you use it?

I remember seeing that you "Joined my convoy". I'd only seen that once before when Novi did the same, but I was just finishing up my last race before leaving for work and I had to quit out, so this time I thought "Sure, this sounds good." Then I didn't know what to do so I tried to start a race, but it just counted down for a while and kicked me out. Then I saw someone else was trying to start a multiplayer race so I joined that and then it said you left the convoy. *shrug* No idea at all what you're supposed to do with that.

Also, there aren't any non-team online races, are there? Like, just a bunch of people racing each other as individuals? I haven't seen that yet...

Administrator
    And then this morning woke up to another code for a free McLaren 720S...and a black jumper.

Administrator
    What's the Spring season's special Forzathon cars? Not that I can buy them as I'm off in Tel Aviv and as far as I can tell I can't buy it without actually being able to start the game, but I'm curious on what I'm missing out on.

2018 Civic Type R
    Alumi Craft Race Car FE