Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Ok, people, I dunno if you have noticed but from yesterday til Christmas (or end of December, I'm not sure) there'll be a daily free car in the Forzathon Shop!
    Each will last 24 hours.
    Can't remember what was the first car gift, but today it was the turn of the Porsche Macan Turbo 2019.

Very nice idea from T10 and PGG.

Also possible big news ahead (could be fake, no idea):
    137 New Forza Horizon 4 Cars Have Been Leaked

I dunno, there are a tons of interesting cars in there.
    Also many racing cars, which are really scarce in quantity over FH4.
    Since Forza Motorsports 7 is pretty dead right now, could it be they are porting over stuff to Horizon and/or concentrating on that?
    We will see.
    Plenty of openwheelers there, and even a Lotus F1 car from 1966!

Administrator
    That is nice of them. Wish they'd done it before I had all the cars

It seems like race cars have generally not made a lot of appearances in the Horizon series, which is a bit of a bummer. If that list is real, then that'd be a nice change.

Oh almost forgot, how this season went?
    Pretty ok, it seems a mix of really slow cars and A800 ones.
    I did the Weekly Forzathon with various cars: an Audi RS4 for most of the challenges, a drag tuned S2 933 RS5 to do the 5 Triple Pass challenge (Did at the old airport in drag racing).
    Trial was done on a Ford Coupe '32 in ZZTop classical livery (I know, I'm predictable), then Autumn Games on a capable Bowler EXR.
    I did the Summit or Nothing with my usual Porsche Macan Turbo 2019, wiped out the AWD Ariel Nomad for the buggies and had fun in the Lakehurst Laps with a preppy Austin Healey Sprite MKI.

Right now me and mate are trying out almost any car in the game to find out the definitive optimal A 800 tarmac car.
    I'm at not even a quarter of my setup list but so far the interesting cars seems to be the Dodge Charger Daytona Hemi from '69 (our actual first choice so far), the Ferrari 365 GTB, the '67 Vette, AMC Javelin with a supercharger and the Chevelle SS '70. Maserati 300S is also pretty dope all things considered.

In case of slower but more nimble and quick to accelerate cars I've pinpointed few of them who could be funny rally or dirt cars like the Datsun 510, the 1981 Fiesta, the wonderful Cortina and the exotic Torana from '77.

I got at Honda and I've yet to finish the list, but it seems old cars, especially muscle or pony cars, qualify better to the task, as well as small ones.

Administrator
    Oh, the drag racing idea is a good one. I went for one of the wagons with a rally setup on one of the cross country events. Waited until the drivatars got confused at some point (as they are wont to do), then passed them. Rewind far enough and repeat.

The Trial was fun with 1955 Chevy Utility Sedan. Was pretty easy to upgrade with racing slicks and suspension, like most of my builds it got eaten up in a straight line but it was hilarious flying past the drivatars in the corners. Won all three races and had a mediocre enough team to carry us through on the first try.

Glad to see they've still not fixed the bug where if you win an outfit on the Festival Playlist that you already have, you just get a numeric notification that you can never, ever get rid of.

Administrator
    Looks like Playground Games are continuing to be totally on top of this "(game) software as a service" thing. Can't get into the Forzathon shop because it demands I install the latest update, but there is no update to install. Sounds like this isn't just on the PC either, it's also on consoles.

Presumably it'll show up sometime later today. At least the cheap-o car is just the Bowler, so no huge loss if nobody can get it today.

EDIT: Fixed. The demanded update doesn't exist but is no longer being demanded.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; December 5th, 2019 at 08:21 AM.

Yeah, it happened to everyone.
    Bit of a mix of a season: a lot of low class cars in strange events.
    Cross Country B700 Classic Muscle Cars must be one of the most effed up events played in months.
    All done, just miss 1% to with the old Testarossa, can't wait!

The Eliminator seems like Fortnite bullshit.

Administrator
    That was my take on it from reading about it. I'm willing to give it a shot, but it does sound a little annoying.

I threw together a truck that I hope will be a good contender for A800 cross country and was hoping to try it out on a free-for-all adventure, but ended up slotted into S1 900 dirt. Took my #199 Subaru WRX and mostly came in 3rd and 4th, but it was actually a great set of races. Most of the racing was clean (there were some bumps and wall taps, but nothing egregious), and it was super close racing. At the end, it was something like two guys tied for first at 72 points, and I was tied for third with someone else at 68. Maybe some of the riffraff are starting to drop out?

I see the Rossion Q1 is starting to pop up on the auction house...had to pay 20M to buy out, but considering I have 100M and nothing to spend it on, it seemed like a no-brainer.

EDIT: You'd think they could trim that 18 minutes of "stream coming shortly" from the non-live video.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; December 11th, 2019 at 12:53 PM.

Haha, Forza Battle Royale.... very interesting. I'll probably play a round or two.

Evidently the Supra is acquirable one of two ways:
    1. Play a round of the elimination game
    2. Buy for $220k