Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Up to 528 of 531 roads found, looks like Novi's at 529. With the snow in winter, my plans to work on speed zones and danger signs is kinda sidelined, even with snow tires you still aren't going to be able to maintain the grip you would without snow being there, so it's time for road searching. Wonder how long it'll take me to find those 3 missing spots...

Well, not too long. Surprisingly, the achievement fired at 529.

Junior Potato
    Despite myself, I’m actually enjoying this game.

I’m a bit of a Forza hater, and it’s 99% identical to FH3, and I said as much to some friends before going in. But FH3 was a good time so yet another game just like it has to be a good time too.

I love, love, love the cross country events. I think they’re my favourite. No other racing game does it like this. Onrush is a fun title with the cross country vibe to it, but it’s not set in a vast open world where anything can happen. Those curated tracks set in huge empty paddocks that feed into tight village obstacle courses push all the right buttons for me. Forgiving almost-sim, almost-arcade physics are the icing on the cake.

Throw in a huge collection of supercars, hot hatches, rally weapons, souped-up shopping trolleys and family sedans, plus the ability to customise the heck out of each of them, plus high speed highways, winding country roads, dirt tracks, a robust photo mode and that scenery and you’re onto a winner.

Hmm, I figured I'd wait on this until I move into a new place (staying with family in the interim), since I won't be able to use the wheel here. Might not be able to hold out that long.

You need a wheel for an arcade game?

I definitely prefer both FH and FM without a wheel. They both work with a wheel, but they clearly weren't designed to be played with anything other than a controller.

It sounds like that reset I had on the 7M skill points wasn't because I turned the game off, it's a bug that's hitting a lot of people at random times. Someone on Reddit's saying they were at 6.2M and then the next time they checked, they were at 180K. Feeling lucky that I managed to get it.

RWA, I'm glad to hear that someone likes the cross-country stuff, because I can't stand it. That's the one part of this game that I just loathe. Every race is just hoping that you don't hit a weird bump that ruins the entire event for you, and the races that have you smashing through barriers seem to slow you down but not the AI cars, which I find extra irritating. My initial goal was to get to level 10 on cross-country and then never, ever have to run another one of those events again.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; October 13th, 2018 at 04:51 PM.

I prefer a wheel, yeah. It's just more fun for me. I haven't really done any driving games with a controller in years.

Spent the past couple of days grinding road racing. Getting from RR level 18 to 19 took forever, I think I ran Colossus or whatever it is 10 times or so. Was enough that I gave up yesterday, then just went in for one race today and found that it got me nearly all the way through 19. Not sure what's up with 18, you have to get a ton of points for it, but 19 is quick and unlocked Goliath at level 20. Ran that for one lap, ended up with about 100k in credits about 35k or so in Influence, which was enough to level up twice, getting me about another 130K in credits from the wheelspins. Not sure why I've made getting that 15M castle my goal so early on, but I did, and I'm at about 12.6M now.

The idea and execution of FH4 sounds really fun, but actually playing it sounds like work.

It started really good, but right now it's feeling like work. I'm hoping that as they iron out the kinks of the online multiplayer (like how GreatScawt joined my convoy the other day and I still have no idea what that actually meant, and somehow ended up confused as to what to do next and he eventually left, maybe as confused as I was?) that'll change. It's still fun, though, don't get me wrong, and it looks so damn pretty it's hard to not have at least a little bit of a good time with it.