Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Administrator
    Winter is here. I have a feeling that means my speed zone quest is on hold for a bit, a little harder to keep the power down in the Agera when there's ice.

Overall the weekly challenge is easy, but tedious. Own and drive an Offroad vehicle, then win three cross country events in it, next get a wrecking ball (literally just drive down a stone wall until it triggers), but then - get 7,000,000 skill score points total. In about 50 minutes I got just over a million, so that's gonna take a bit. That's after maxxing out the perks for the RWD-converted Raptor I'm driving.

Wait, so it's not 7 million in one shot? Thank god

Administrator
    No, thank goodness. Verified it on the Forzathon screen, the total just accumulates as you put together skills. Still, none of the "Offroad" vehicles are big drift monsters or anything, which has made it hard for me to come up with those massive combos. I thought making the Raptor RWD might help, but it went from nearly impossible to drift to nearly impossible to avoid spinning out. Also, the snow tends to bog things down, so it's hard to keep any speed going even when you do get a good drift going.

Saw that next week's challenge centers around the Corrado, which is great 'cause I already got one and used it for that hot hatch thing a couple of weeks ago. Then I realized that I'm going to be out of town from early Thursday morning until late Friday 8 days later which means I'll miss it. Meh.

Helpful if you need quick money - two players required:

Junior Potato
    :boggle:

There’ll be a patch for that before the week is out.

Administrator
    Huh...well, that 7 million point thing might still kinda suck. I just got a few hundred thousand more and then went to see where I stood. Says I've got ~680K out of 7 million. I *had* over a million this morning. I hope it's not "in one session".

Junior Potato
    Guys I’m just curious: do photos work for you if I link them directly?

If they do… some shots for yiz!

A Huracan with ice tyres is a weapon for traversal in the snow.

And the obligatory tunnel shot. Looks amazeballs in HDR.

They work.

Administrator
    Managed to do the 7M skill points in a single session, took about 2 1/2 hours for me. With the Raptor, you get bonuses to a lot of wreckage skills, so just tearing around Edinburgh worked pretty well. The plowed streets give enough grip to control drifts, so you really just need to keep it in 2nd gear and toss it back and forth to keep the street going, then keep aiming for trashbins and mailboxes to get the bonuses for those. If you can reliably pull off drift taps, that's a good way to build the amount quickly as well.

Dat tunnel shot, RWA

Also, yeah Tom, took me about the same time. I ended up using the Forzathon Edition Land Rover Series III that I had won. Went up and down the highway drifting and getting destruction skills (FE bonus). Also maxed out the skill-based attributes in the car's skill tree. Those helped a lot.

Still ended up making dumb mistakes along the way and probably lost about 1million total skill points by hitting stupid shit.