Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Administrator
    I had no issues around 9pm PST last night, but most of yesterday and so far all of today it's been unusable.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    I also bought the expansion pack, $39nz for Lego and Fortune Island, car pass, two car packs and VIP. Even though i already had VIP.Z

Still haven't played the game yet though...

Got an Elimination win. Pretty fun game mode!

Administrator
    Seems like they may have sorted the network issues, I was able to play a few Eliminator rounds this morning without disconnecting. Also managed to get the Trial out of the way, that ATS-V I've posted previously dispatched the AI cars handily. Interestingly, it almost seems like they were having some sort of routing issue. I saw someone on the Forza messageboard saying that one of the times he got disconnected he got the diagnostic screen and it said he was connecting to a server in Australia but he was in South America. The one time I got the diagnostic screen, it said I was connecting to a server in Brazil.

I swear, most of my time in Eliminator is just driving around hoping to find someone. I had pretty good luck with drops on my first few attempts, but most of those ended in disconnects. Now that I've got a stable connection, I'm usually in like a level 5 or 6 car by the time we make it to the final 12. I had a Lancer Evo that I think was level 5 today and ended up third overall, that's my best result so far.

I don't achievement hunt often, but when I do it's to keep on top of the ever-expanding FH4. I've been trying to get that Underdog achievement for the Eliminator, by beating a car 5 levels above you. It's difficult enough to find someone in a car that many levels above you; really only likely until the very end. Finally did it yesterday. Was in a level 4 black Subaru WRX/STI hatch and challenged a level 9 Lambo. The finish marker was only about a mile away. He got there first, but skid on the grass slightly wide right and overshot, giving me just enough time to sneak across the finish right under his nose. I then proceeded to steal his Lambo and win the final race to get my chicken dinner, I mean, be the Eliminator

Administrator
    Nice! I played like 4 rounds of it yesterday and somehow activated my tree-magnet system. I think I plowed into every single tree I could find, in one case losing against in a Mini in a level 5 car. It got kinda embarrassing.

I did enjoy using the Lambo LM 002 for the Trial this week. It's too heavy to be very fast, but I added rally springs and then something I hadn't seen before, "dirt racing" tires (did they rename the rally tires while I was out, or is this something unique to the LM 002?), and the thing handled like it was on rails in that first Cross Country event. Imagine my surprise when I found out the other two events weren't Cross Country, but it still held its own on the road race coming in 2nd and ahead of all the drivatars. Third race wasn't so great, came in fifth behind two drivatars and two humans after not being able to hold them off on the long high speed last part of the race, but by then we'd already gotten our two wins and had plenty of points in the third race too.

Actually there has always been two different (three if you count snow tyres) offroad tyres in the game: the normal rally ones and the giant grooved ones that are fit on Extreme Offroad and some SUVs (my Urus Concept fits those, for example).

Administrator
    Huh, TIL. Admittedly, I don't mess around too much with those classes.

Administrator
    Hey, finally got an Eliminator win. In the Bentley SUV of all things - apparently I was the only person that knew to stick to the roads when entering Edinburgh or else you're almost 100% certain to smash into very long wall.

Nicely played! Yeah, I got bit going the wrong way around the lake for one of my final races. I'm really bad with anything regarding the lake, frozen or not.