Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Aye, it's not my favorite but it's a neat addition.
    I'm finding a lot of challenges that ask you to go point-to-point in a certain time, and apparently expect you to take their ridiculous winding halfpipe to the sky to do it? I usually try to cruise past that shit and just finish it

I was getting annoyed with how little influence I was getting for challenges (200-400), but someone on /r/Forza mentioned that it's based on how popular it is. If you sort by new in the challenge browser, you can get 5200 influence per. Some of its a crapshoot but usually quite doable still.

Junior Potato
    For the two people here who haven’t got it yet, FH4 is going up on Steam in early March. Great for those on PC who have an atavistic hatred of the Microsoft Store.

Junior Potato
    Oh God, how good is Hospital Records in Forza Horizon?

I post this because Hospital Records is a real label and there's a big ol playlist of their artists on Spotify, so you can Hospitalise yourself with crazy driving whenever you want.

Administrator
    Alternately, it pisses me off that you still can't turn all the music off. I am so tired of hearing the same little bits of the same 10 songs over and over and over and over. I know there's streamer mode, but it resets itself every single time you start the game and you *still* get music, albeit less annoying and obtrusive music.

The worst is the Pennywise one, because it's the same 10 seconds of *EVERY SONG THEY'VE EVER WRITTEN*

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Alternately, it pisses me off that you still can't turn all the music off. I am so tired of hearing the same little bits of the same 10 songs over and over and over and over. I know there's streamer mode, but it resets itself every single time you start the game and you *still* get music, albeit less annoying and obtrusive music.

The worst is the Pennywise one, because it's the same 10 seconds of *EVERY SONG THEY'VE EVER WRITTEN*
    That sucks, but put Radio Off, turn radio music down to 1 (heck you can't even lower that to 0, how idiotic is that?) and then, yes, just remember to set streamer mode.
    I hope they fix this in next Forza games, I can't stand the same shit in Cyberpunk 2077.

Junior Potato
    I haven''t played CP77 long enough to hear the same music twice

So, I may buy Forza Horizon 5 in the future but... from which store?
    I mean, all my games are on Steam and I much prefer to deal with it than with other stores.
    Also, Windows Store is lacklustre in features and often games in the Gamepass have DLSS deactivated or even DirectX12 choice missing.

With that said, FH5 would be a Microsoft battle horse and available right away on Gamepass (I'm right now NOT on Gamepass for lack of interesting titles *to me* - I find GP incredible value in general, mind) and who knows if there will be exclusive content or some limitation to play together with people in the game (I mean, let's say I'm on Steam and a friend on Gamepass, there will be any fuss about in the game to play together?)... so, any suggestion?

Junior Potato
    Have you got the Steam edition of FH4? Its Steam page lists cross-platform multiplayer. I'd imagine you should be good to go if you want the Steam version of FH5.

I have the GP version of FH4 loaded and played it last week. It runs beautifully with no graphical limitations. Being a big Microsoft tentpole title they will be sure to get it right on every store it releases on.

But... that price tho. FH4 standard edition is still a full-price game on Steam. With that one purchase you could get 6 months of Game Pass.

I've FH4 Ultimate version, bought singularly from the Windows Store.
    That's why I'm asking, I'm considering the jump to Steam since most of my games and playing is done there.

Price is not a problem *if* I get back a lot of playing (which I didn't get from playing Gamepass games back in the day, hence why I stopped paying for it).