Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Yeah, the Trial ended up being weird for me. A few teammates that I swear were sandbagging it, but we still managed to 3-0 the AI. One we blatantly lost and it gave us the point anyway. Very strange.

Administrator
    The "ghost for the first 30 seconds" feature still feels like a cop-out to me, but it's lead to undeniably better racing for me. I think that first 30 seconds is enough to get the fast people up in front (read: the people who didn't smash into the first couple of walls), and I've had some pretty thrilling finishes with not a lot of ramming at the end. Had one where three of us were doorhandle to doorhandle through the last 4-5 corners and I don't think any of us actually touched.

It'd be nice to keep the excitement that comes out of the first turn, but this seems like a reasonable compromise right now.

Also, ban the Bone Shaker.

Administrator
    Shared what I think is a pretty good setup for the Vantage GT12 for this week's trial. Mostly set up for grip, but there was room to play with some power too so it doesn't get gobbled up in the straights. Pretty pleased with myself that I managed to tune some of the massive understeer out of it without ruining it, that is not something I can normally pull off.

Administrator
    If you have not installed the latest update and have the ability to avoid doing so, it might be a good plan. All car mastery/perks got reset - not sure if they'll be recovered in the future but for now, all of my cars are back to square one.

If you have installed the update, don't bother spending skill points to buy the perks again, they'll just reset next time you start the game.

Yeah, lost all mine. But at least I got to keep the Quartz Regalia D monster truck thing that cost me 99 points.

Administrator
    You can take advantage of the perk reset bug by getting more of those. Usually you can only get one of those per base car owned, but now you can buy it for 99 points, quit the game, then do it again when the perks reset.

Just like that Goliath glitch, this'll be another thing that annihilates the economy, pretty sure the auction house is about to be flooded with those.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by @forza_support on Twitter
    We have identified the issue with Car Mastery Skill Points in #ForzaHorizon4 and are working on getting a fix out on or before Monday the 13th of May. We recommend not spending any Skill Points at this time. More updates to come.
    I don't see a mention about whether or not previously bought perks will come back or if you just have to start again at square one.

Administrator
    Fix for the perk reset issue is out, but it just prevents the issue from happening again. They say they think a fix to restore perks that were lost will be out before the Series 10 update, which means within the next month. If you're affected by the bug, you get 10 super wheelspins in the meantime.

I normally try to give devs the benefit of the doubt, being a software guy myself, but this was a pretty spectacular fuckup, and 10 super wheelspins is a pretty shit "sorry that happened" move considering my luck with wheelspins lately.

Administrator
    It's sounding like those affected will have all the skill points they've spent added back into the point bank. Right now, that maxes out at 999 points, so they're going to have to change something to allow larger totals, and that means I'm sure they'll break something else.

Administrator
    Got my 10 super wheelspins. Got a lot of 5,000 credit rewards and a bunch of clothes. Feel empty.