Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

I redownloaded the whole game, took an afternoon (which I duly spent levelling on Destiny 2 LOL).
    After dinner I started the newly installed game.
    Stuck at 0% for like 10 minutes. I left it open.
    Opened up the Xbox Beta app, fired up the FH4 game from there which basically put the FH4 screen back up again... and lo and behold it started at 2%!
    It started sync: about 5-10% per minute. PER MINUTE.
    Eventually it got to 100% and I was worried it would tell me the cloud save was corrupted but no... it worked.

Damn, I was really worried since I've looked into forums and such and some people never managed to make it sync again. Ever.

Yeesh, glad you were able to get it back up and running again! I swear I read something about how you can actually back up your save games, I should look into that again.

I see that Microsoft has apparently "banned" the practice of backing up your own saves, apparently restoring from your own backup is likely to cause you to run afoul of their anti-cheat tech.

It's weird that they can't restore from their own backups when stuff like this happens. I'm sure MS has a policy that all XBox cloud storage must be on their Azure platform, I kinda feel like being a dick and suggesting they use AWS's S3 instead since it has versioning.

I mean, I'm not against it, I like cloud gaming: it allows me to switch from Xbox to PC seamlessly... when it works.
    Today game is working fine.
    Can't wait for the season change!

I just got back from vacation and had to power through this week's tasks. I always enjoy the ones where they put muscle-y type cars on mud, the AI is never smart enough to pick a lower-end car and give it AWD, so it's just a cakewalk if you do that.

Put together a semi-decent Touareg for the Trial this week. Had to run it twice due to a bad team the first time, I think of the six races only once did it come in behind a drivatar.

So far I've done every Spring event, bar the Trial and the Playground Games.
    Did all the stunts on a X999 Bac Mono AWD.
    Used my AWD Senna for both the Weekly Challenge (obviously), the Mclaren Cup and the Old Blighty.
    IA seems to be a bit aggressive in these races and now everyone drivatar is sporting Owen's Mclaren; damn, why the devs cannot fix this and throw the car out of the game?
    Then Spring Developers races: first I tried with a tuned BMW i8 but I got a first and second place, then obliged to the usual list of cars proposed by the game and choose a tuned up Gallardo Superleggera.
    Tracks are a bit ridiculous, especially the supermario-like one at Broadway Village, it took quite some effort to not fuck it up.

Now I miss the Playground Games, maybe I'm going to use the Metro 64, it's a beast, and the Trial, probably doing it with my tuned Urus Concept or with a lightweight Macan Turbo.

I managed to win the Trial at my 4th attempt, with a Jaguar F-Pace: struggling with speed but handling was decent and the car was lightweight once tuned up.
    All the others in the race, drivatar and team mates, behaved like drunken dorks, as usual.
    I redid it today to help a mate complete it: this time with a Macan 2019 turbo.
    I reckon the Urus Concept would be fine for it but I was out of luck when I used it.

OTOH, fuck the Playground Games. Really pissed me off.
    The old station location is bothersome and I manage to find a team of people worse than me at anything (Incredible!!!) against a full team of white tuned up RS200.
    We got slaughtered.
    I think I'm going to skip it for good. Now only daily challenges to complete the season. Already at 97% in the whole Festival completion level, IIRC.
    I'll try to get as much FPs possible to get the Apollo!

I've done the playground games precisely once, when they first started the "Festival Playlist" thing. My entire team quit except for me in the first minute or so, and the rest of it was just tedium.

Won the trial on the second try, but in the first race a teammate hit me right at the start and pushed me outside of one of the gates. Somehow I managed to battle back to 4th (top three were all humans), and that guy who hit me came in last every single race but got credit since the rest of the team was good. I wish there was a way I could vote for them to have the "win" taken away.

In yet another round of "regression testing? What's that?", the weekly Forzathon challenge is broken in that if you use a car you already own, you don't get credit for the "own and drive X car" and can't even start on the challenge. According to the PG community liason on Reddit, the workaround for now is to buy another of either the 2016 Viper ACR or 2015 Vette Z06 from the autoshow and use your new car and that should unlock it. They claim they're "looking into it."

Also weird that I haven't gotten an update from the Windows Store, but I did get the intro for the new "business".