Page 24 of 58 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Oh god, lucky I didn't even have a chance to boot up and update the game the past week and a half. I wasn't affected but still got 10 super wheelspins, with another 4 as well for VIP, I think.

I did spin a LaFerrari and the 93 Mustang. And finally ranked to prestige 2. Was curious when it would take over... Prestige1/lvl300.

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    This thread needs moar pics.

Administrator
    I feel sorta overwhelmed by /r/forza - Thursdays are the only days that aren't just a ton of pics.

Administrator
    Looks like the skill points refund has happened, just got 2,864 points to spend on car mastery perks again.

Administrator
    Gah, and now I find out that I can't earn any skill points until I get that total under 999. I guess I need to figure out a bunch of cars that it's worth spending skill points on.

Administrator
    I haven't personally verified this, but it sounds like all the Formula Drift cars have a 300K credit perk in their tree, so if you ended up getting that skill point windfall, that's a nice way to rack up a couple million.

Administrator
    I've verified it now. All of them come with a 300K credit perk and two wheelspins, and I think there are 7 of them, so that's 2.1M credits + 14 wheelspins. Not bad.

I also grabbed a couple of cars that have other cars as a perk (like the Nissan R390 has a free Nismo GT-R LM FE) so I can be one of those people that ruins the auction house economy.

In the meantime, I'm finding the price increases at the Forzathon shop to be really irritating. If you do all the daily tasks + the weekly one, you end up getting 400 FP (20 per day + 60 for doing all 7 + 200 for the weekly), and the cars are now going for 600+, so you have to grind the Forzathon Live events, which continue to just be incredibly boring. I was grinding points just to try to get the Lotus 2-Eleven and then had it pop up in a wheelspin this morning which'll save me 600 or so that I was expecting to have to spend this week.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; May 17th, 2019 at 10:30 AM.

Administrator
    Trials reward is the new-to-the-game Gumpert Apollo IE, which I understand is pretty speedy. Of course, the only way to get it is through this three-round S2 Hypercar team-based race against Unbeatable AI cars.

I got lucky, took my 998 Agera and did marginal in the first round, 3rd place, the rest of my team in dead last. All but one of them quit by the end of that race, so the next race was just me and one other driver. He quit as soon as the race started, which is a total dick move as the AI still scores points against you if you quit during the race, but I won that race, giving me 650 points to the AI's 600. This all worked out great for me in the third race, as I could only manage second but, since I was the only human driver, that meant one AI car got 150 points for winning and being ahead of me and the rest got none.

It was a little irritating that some time-lag issue hit right at the start of the third race - I was on the front row (since nobody else could be), and by the time I could start moving, the AI car had already started and almost immediately launched to 100mph or so. The netcode when it comes to the AI cars in this game is pretty shit.

Still, happy to have walked away with the Apollo on my first try, I see others on the /r/forza subreddit saying they're upwards of 8-9 tries and just can't seem to luck into a team good enough to win. I was lucky enough to end up with a team so shitty they all left.

Don't forget the Trial is raining in 2/3 races. Ugh.
    I got lucky and somehow match-made with only 2 other people. I managed to snag 1st in all three races. 998 918 . Lost the 1st, won the 2nd, and barely won the 3rd. Very thankful it only took 1 try.

Apollo is fine, I think it will be a great X-class car. Currently tops out at ~200 MPH, but has a ton of downforce.

AI is notoriously bad online. Extreme magnetic repulsion at times, especially in the middle of corners. I tried to take advantage of it in the last race, because it started me up front. So I got in front of the whole pack, and slowed down, weaving back and forth to give my teammates a few extra spots. Think it worked alright.

Administrator
    Definitely - playing blocker if you've got a strong car is a really effective tactic. Any time I've got a teammate or two ahead of me and we're leading the pack I just do everything in my power to get the AI to slam on the brakes.

I'm guessing the true obnoxiousness about the AI is the server trying to synchronize what the AI is doing across clients. You don't want one client seeing a collision while the other client saw a clean pass, but it means every time you get close to an AI car it suddenly starts warping across the road and has complete invulnerability when it does it. I feel like this has been solved in other games, but maybe I'm wrong.