Page 31 of 58 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Administrator
    Totally, once I figure out where your request is. I'm at work, but I'll put in a reminder to check when I get home.

Administrator
    I sent an invite your way. The club interface is diabolical.

Thanks man! Appreciated it!

Administrator
    I threw together an Aston Martin DBR1 just to be weird for this week's trial. It's not great, but fast enough to stand up to the Unbeatable drivatars, I'll upload it if anyone's interested.

Otherwise, the stock Lancia S4 is a really thoroughly entertaining ride for the 80's series and the Retro Rally series this week. It seems like one of the few cars that's actually quick with a little bit of drifting, so hucking it around corners was more fun than I usually have with those challenges.

Nice! I did the trial last night with an AWD Vantage 16 that I already had a tune from some other championship. But I'll download that tune if you put it up! Sounds intriguing.

FYI - My buddy and I noticed that the first race is pretty lenient. We got credit even though we technically lost. That's happened in a few Trials previously. He had also done it solo before I got on and the same was true.

Administrator
    Yep, we also got credit despite losing 1850 to 1800. We won the next two races handily though, so it was essentially a no-op.

I uploaded the setup...it's overall pretty entertaining. Tough to get off the line like a lot of S1 RWD cars are, but pretty stable otherwise. It can get a little exciting if there are bumps in the road, though.

I've done the Retro Rally with my trusty Lancia 037 and also with my Audi Quattro... the second is more stable but less entertaining and less speedy, so Lancia all the way LOL
    I've yet to do the Aston stuff... dunno if it's too late to run it, gonna start the game soon... unfortunately I own 0 Aston Martin, damn.
    I've yet to understand if Forzathons are useful or I should rather concentrate on the weekly stuff.

Administrator
    At the base level, you get 10 FP per daily task (those ones where you can do the past three day's worth), and I think you get an extra 30 if you do the whole week's worth. Then you get 100 for doing the big weekly thing, which usually starts with "own and drive x car", then had 3 more things you have to do with it. So, all told, you can pull down 200 a week from that. The Forzathon Live thing happens every hour and gets you 30 FP for about 10 minutes worth of work (and to me it definitely feels like work). It's one of the least fun and most effective ways to get FP.

If you bought one of the more expensive editions, you get gifted one of the houses that gets you double forzathon points. If not, I think it's 5 million credits to buy it, and it's worth it. I think it's the "Lake Lodge" in the middle-left of the map. Get that and then just double all those amounts, 400 possible for the week plus 60 per Forzathon Live.

Each week the forzathon shop changes. There's always two cars plus some character customization gear. Sometimes the cars are not at all worth it, like last week they had one of the Land Rover Forza Editions and that thing is so common on wheelspins that nobody will bother paying the minimum bid for them in the auction house. This week, that Hoonigan RS200 is a pretty spectacular car and hard to get otherwise - you can't buy it in the autoshow. That one is definitely worth the points if you can scrounge them up. The Peugeot on the other hand will likely come up in a wheelspin sooner rather than later.

Point is I'm trying to do the stuff in the Spring week in Playlist Festival like the 80s stuff on Rally cars and what not, but I'm a bit confused: I raced it on my Lancia 037 Stradale, won all the 3 events, albeit at medium difficulty (so the easiest); the playlist says I've not completed the event. WTF?
    Do I've to complete it at each difficulty level/highest difficulty level to be done with it? If so they can get stuffed, I can't do it.

Administrator
    Ahh, yeah, the Playlist Festival thing is entirely separate from the Forzathon thing. When you go to Retro Rally event on the map and try to start it, it should show the conditions needed to "finish" it, one of which is "Place 1st against Highly Skilled drivatars." Highly Skilled is probably just above medium on the difficulty range, under Unbeatable, Pro, and Expert. To "complete" it, you need to get all three winning conditions met.

The one that's really going to irritate the shit out of you is the "Online Adventure" requirement. You have to do 10 ranked adventures before you become ranked, and then you'll complete that one. The nice thing is, once you've done that 10 adventures thing, then all subsequent series only require one run at it, the 10 is a one-time thing, but it's very time consuming partially because the matchmaking for ranked is horrible. I'd recommend doing the "Free-for-all" as that tends to connect more quickly and honestly, a lot of the time your teammates on the team one will be complete idiots.

If the 037 isn't already fitted with rally tires and rally suspension, that might make a huge difference in how easy it is to pass that one.