Page 13 of 58 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Administrator
    I'm finding them overall significantly less painful than FH3, if only because the AI cars get ghosted so you're not constantly dodging traffic while trying to put together a good drift. FWIW, I've never even gotten close to getting all of the PR stunts in a Horizon game, and this time it's just those last two drift zones. All the danger signs, speed zones, and speed traps are 3-starred.

I used a couple of the Formula Drift cars out of the box to 3 star all but these last two. For now, I'm just waiting until Spring and then checking the leaderboards to see what cars people used. It does make me miss my old Celica drift car from FH3 though, that thing just demolished every drift zone I threw at it. The ones I've been using on these muddy/snowy ones just can't get any sort of grip going from the rear wheels, so they bog down completely.

Administrator
    Just in case people don't know this, as more and more of the "get Daredevil/Threading the Needle skills" challenges seem to be showing up and the main Forzathon challenge for spring includes getting 5 Threading the Needles, you can get around the "no AI traffic" bug by going to Horizon Solo. That goes offline and suddenly your world will be populated by AI cars that you can use to get those goals, then just go back online when you're done.

They keep claiming they've fixed the "no AI traffic" bug in online play, but every time they say that it seems like it gets even worse, I almost never see any AI cars now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Just in case people don't know this, as more and more of the "get Daredevil/Threading the Needle skills" challenges seem to be showing up and the main Forzathon challenge for spring includes getting 5 Threading the Needles, you can get around the "no AI traffic" bug by going to Horizon Solo. That goes offline and suddenly your world will be populated by AI cars that you can use to get those goals, then just go back online when you're done.

They keep claiming they've fixed the "no AI traffic" bug in online play, but every time they say that it seems like it gets even worse, I almost never see any AI cars now.
    Heh, yeah. Had to do that last night with the Caterham!

Administrator
    Woot, got the 3 stars on every PR stunt. The Formula Drift #43 Viper with one of the shared drift tunes (I did the one that said it got some 2xx,xxx city score) made short work of the remaining drift zone. That thing is pretty beastly, I kinda wish I'd used it from the start.

Bought this on sale... Loving Driving around Scotland. Don't understand the online stuff, so I go back to solo every time. Seems mostly the same as FH3, but in a better location

Decided to give it a go, given the discounts this weekend. Installing now...

(at about half of the speed I'm paying Comcast for. Those fuckers.)

Administrator
    Down to two single-player achievements - one more barn find that I think you have to buy one of the houses to unlock, and the Veyron SS speed trap target. Then I have to face the unwashed masses for the multiplayer ones :/

Eh, finding it very frustrating to play with a controller. I played FH1 and 3 with controllers, partly, and don't remember it being this difficult. Maybe I just suck.

I'll probably shelve it until I have a wheel setup again.

Administrator
    Huh, weird, I can't play FH4 (or FH3 for that matter) with a wheel, I have to use a controller.

Is there any way to set it up so that you're only online with friends instead of randoms?