Page 21 of 58 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

I actually got everything done except the daily challenges.

Take a look through your Festival planner... there are many seasonal activities I had completed in past months that are counting again in future seasons. I have only one more "Trial" to do.

Also, I did the Ranked Adventure qualifying. Oh my god that was obtuse and annoying. Still had fun, but good lord is the matchmaking a slog. I also think there's a TON of desync going on that's just straight up not addressed. Either way, if you qualify, it looks like that completes the Ranked Adventure for every single Series 7 season moving forward.

Administrator
    Did you have to do it for team, playground, and free-for-all or just one of them?

So, I did it for just one - Team Racing.

But I think you can do it for anything. Not sure. Missed the opportunity to get the new free-for-all achievement if that's the case.

Administrator
    PG are changing the requirements for the 100% goals to 80% for the festival playlist. I think that's the right call - after a few tries at the playground weekly where my team just quits around me, I gave up on trying to do it and just wrote off getting the 100% goals. That and going on vacation tomorrow for four days meant there was no way I'd get all the dailies, now I still have a shot at getting everything.

Administrator
    Update made it out, and sure enough, the 80% is in and retroactive, so I immediately got the Pontiac GTO and the Porsche 914/6. I think it's a vast improvement, and while I agree with a lot of people saying that it goes against the FH ethos that you can play it your own way, at least it feels doable and I am not held hostage by the poorly designed multiplayer and luck-of-the-draw when it comes to my team.

Hell, I tried to do the co-op championship on Fortune Island and it never even got to the bit telling me how many players joined, it just said it couldn't find enough players to bother trying to start a session. It's kinda sad how they've massively neglected FI - I went there to knock out some of the seasonal championships and it's still a good level design with one of the best skyboxes in gaming, but they just sorta threw it out there and forgot about it. I feel like the game is the poster child for having tons of wasted potential. I'm still having fun playing, and I enjoyed my adventure rounds tonight (despite it taking a good 10-15 minutes to get each one up and running), but just some simple fixes could really make it a vastly better game.

Ah good to see. The forced MP (let alone having to win the games) is just crap. I won the Playground games twice due to the other team forfeiting.

And getting on to keep up with the dailies is a tough ask.

I just can't believe how obtuse the multiplayer is. It's not well thought-out at all. And to think people are having consistent disconnects, too, is appalling. Happened to me once after I had won my first free-for-all racing adventure and I got *nothing*. No influence, money, anything.

It's a fun game but they really botched some things up.

Administrator
    I'm lucky enough that I still haven't had the disconnect thing, but it sounds like some people end up getting that every single time. I'm trying to figure out if the matchmaking only works with the people in your Horizon session, so like instead of matchmaking with everyone playing FH4 at the time, you're only matchmaking with like 30 people. Otherwise, I can't figure out how it's so hard to find 12 people to join a game. At least I had a really fun free-for-all adventure last night, which is surprisingly for an S2 event. The guy who won was legitimately fast and raced clean, and I was having a lot of luck getting the rammers to miss, so ended up with a lot of fun battles at the front with that guy.

Administrator
    If anyone's looking for a S1900 track toy for the co-op challenge, I put up an Elise GT1 tune that I think works pretty well. It's all handling and has no top end, but the tracks are bendy enough that one of them I won and all of the drivatars got timed out before they could get to the finish line.

Could probably tune a bit of understeer out of it, and maybe shortening the gear ratios might make it a little faster, but it's fast enough as it is. The nice thing is is that it feels really planted and it's extremely hard to get it going out of control, without feeling like it washes out in the corners.

It actually gave me a reason to use my de-ranked 2019 GT3 RS. That thing is wonderful. Tune also uploaded