Page 40 of 58 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Play in ‘offline’ solo mode. Much more traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Some of these Lego challenges are really irritating. Took forever to put together 20 Showoff skills, and now doing two "Threading the Needle" skills in two minutes is proving hard to do because there's almost no oncoming traffic for some reason.

I'm not going to bother and spend money on the LEGO DLC: 4 cars (that cannot be sold in the auction) and difficult challenges are not my idea of a worthy expense.
    I don't know if I should get the Car Pass or the Definitive Pack...

Meanwhile I'm getting money buying the Porsche 3.3 1982 brand new in the saloon for 150k, using 19 perks to win the 300k money in the left column and then selling the used up car in the auction for cheap just for laugh.
    Other thing to do: raking up 575 Forzathon Points to get the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera 2019 in the Forzathon shop this week, then selling it up to 1mil/6.2mil in the auction: it's hilarious to see people fighting in the last minutes of the auction and your earnings levitating minute after minute.

I've never done the forzathon car for profit before. Had enough FP points to buy 4 and sold each one of those Astons for BIN 5m each on Thursday night whilst they were still 'new.' Madness.

Has anyone done the trial or have a recommendation/tune? Just got back from my trip and need to polish everything off today and tomorrow.

Trial is quite easy, I can't remember what car I used, probably the usual Mosler MT900 S2 998 or such (AWD swap for handling - I've another Mosler set up for speed, instead).

Administrator
    I didn't bother putting up a tune just because what I came up with wasn't all that great - I just built up the Nissan GT-R pre-order car as much as I could and gave it rally suspension and tires, then lowered the front tire pressures just to get it to turn in a little bit. It came out to S1 991 I think but did just fine.

The computer seems to have a hell of a time controlling the S2 998 cars on poor surfaces, so it was easier than usual. Also, they get completely befuddled on the second race - it's 5 laps around that one circuit where you can either jump the ramps up on top of some shipping containers or race through the middle on the ground but potentially have a crash at the figure eight spot. The CPU just has no idea what to do there and often gets stuck. We ended up nearly lapping all the drivatars on that one, so you really just have to manage to win the first or the third.

Ah, it was pretty easy... with help. It happened again where the team got a point even though we lost.

Ended up carrying with the AWD/rally tire/suspension Mosler.

So, Winter Season, I don't like it much, but with a bit of organization it can be done without much harm.

Forzathon Challenge on the Centenario was easier and quicker than usual, especially since there was no "Rack up 1 million skill points with this car" this time around.
    Then I did the Lambo Cup on a Sesto Elemento and it was ok - point is to let the Drivatar fuck up at tight bends and pass them being careful just to not skid out.

I was going to do the Down Under (A800 - australian cars only) on a Maloo pickup (never used it, so I was curious) but then I figured out I could either use a Torana A9X which is quite lighter than the other OZ cars or a Commodore, a slight bit heavier than the Torana but with better handling: I ended up using a stupidly snow camouflage skinned Commodore and I swift easily past all the three races.

Midnight Battle (S1 900 - Track Toys only) was quite easy too: just got my trusty rally tuned Bac Mono up for the task.

Like a Boss (S2 998 - cars worthy at least 2 million credits, either Hypercars or Extreme Track Toys) gave me plenty of choice: I could have used the quirky Centenario or the lightweight Sesto Elemento, or some Koenisegg, but in the end I preferred using an extremely snow racing tuned Maserati MC12 Corsa.
    A bit squirrelly with the back but otherwise fine. It did well, albeit some Centenarios were, at times, difficult to pass and keep behind.

I did the Jump with the Centenario, as well as the Speed Trap, meanwhile I used a beastly Urus Concept to succesfully complete the Speed Zone challenge as other cars could not keep up either with the traction in the bends or the sustained speed needed to complete the challenge.

Right now I only miss to do the Winter Games (C600 - Rods and Customs only).
    And that's a bit on the "what the hell are we going to use?"; me and my mate spent 1 hour in the garage trying to tune the '32 Ford and other cars like the Bel Air, but they are all slow (which would be no problem), got poor handling anyway, piss poor acceleration and also the whole package is lacklustre in general.
    Dunno really what to use, we are going to try again this evening, but our experiments have left us unsatisfied.

On other matters: I bought the Bamburg castle (10 Super Wheelspin, 1 Barn Find) and now I'm at 13,6 million credits, just 1.4 million shy of the 15 to buy Edinburg Castle... slowly getting there.
    Last edited by Blerpa; October 11th, 2019 at 04:58 AM.

And so it happened to me, too: Sync bar stuck to 0% on PC install of FH4.
    I've tried everything beside uninstalling the game.
    I'm royally pissed off.

EDIT: Uninstalled.
    Now downloading it again.
    With no assurance it will work again.
    Last edited by Blerpa; October 15th, 2019 at 04:20 AM.

Administrator
    Any luck? I've had a couple of hiccups like this, but they've always resolved themselves.