Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Administrator
    It was an absolute nightmare when I just went in with a 'Vette. Just absolutely impossible to put any power down, and going through the jump-puddle bit on the second race was just an exercise in futility. Very happy to hear that the setup worked for you as well. As is, that might end up being my go-to for S1 class dirt.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; March 10th, 2019 at 09:09 PM.

Yeah, they should have given something more than a spin.
    There was similar coop championship a few weeks ago that I tried once, failed, and said, "heck it". Powerful cars, mud and rain. I wasn't mentally prepared to do it again.

Next week FH4 is implementing a new way to unlock cars. I guess they will start to track progress of every weekly activity and give you a car for 50% completion and 100%.
    The new BMW Z4 will be part of it... which I had no idea was a thing. That's pretty exciting.

https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/ayu99k

Administrator
    I wish it didn't require you to do the team-based stuff. I finally gave a Playground seasonal championship a try yesterday since I knew that was part of the 100% completion. It started 5-v-5, by the end of the first event it was 5-v-2, and by the end of that one it was me against 5 people, and then for some ungodly reason when one team is up to 3 wins, the championship doesn't end. You get to play all 5 events even when you've lost.

Then I realized I'm going on vacation for four days coming up soon, so I won't be able to get all the daily challenges anyway, and now I'm just focusing on the 50% completion thing.

Yup, completely agree. I don't like relying in others. Just let me race the AI and I'll be fine. Locking cool things behind playing with real people is my least favorite thing so far with the seasonal stuff.

Administrator
    Got lucky on a ranked adventure, it was S1 dirt which my new ATS-V is just right for.

It did well, though it didn't win anything. Gear ratios are too short for a long asphalt straightaway (one of the freeroams had that), bounces off the rev limiter in sixth at 170ish. Also, the rammers and wall riders tended to win the circuit events, which was frustrating. Came in third overall though, which is better than I normally do in anything not street or road racing, so at least I have a not useless car for that sort of thing. One big plus I saw for it is that it's reasonably competent on-road (though the front end tends to wash out on tight corners) and does really well at the freeroam.

Administrator
    Oddly the co-op challenge is once again dirt racing in S1 modern muscle, so the ATS-V works again and easily walks away with things.

Unfortunately, I have yet to be paired up with teammates who have gotten the memo, so some of the races have been me winning, then 2-8 being the drivatars and 9-12 being the rest of my team. Hopefully I can win it at some point.

I couldn't use the ATS-V. I tried but it only gave me the option of a couple Corvettes, Demon, ZL1, and Viper. I ended up tuning up a Viper, got on a good team, and 4-0'd'em.

So, after completing the Playground Games seasonal, we lost, but it still said "Playground Games Series 7 Completed!"
    Didn't actually get credit in the festival planner
    I hate how much time those damn events take.

Administrator
    That's weird you couldn't use it, I had no issues. I did find out, however, that you have to win 3 of the 4 to get credit. So far my team has lost 1-3 and 0-4. Oh well.

Agreed about the time. This weekend my in laws are in town and we have to travel down south, and next weekend I'm going on a short vacation with the wife, so there's really no actual time to complete some of these.

Administrator
    Hey, got a decent team and got the co-op challenge. Not sure I feel like bothering with the playground though.