Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Junior Potato
    Iíve been playing the Lego expansion for a few hours now. Itís not a whole game - I did only pay a handful of dollars for it (a little bit more than the price of an actual Speed Champions car, on top of the $1 I paid for Game Pass this month ) so Iím not expecting a whole lot.

Itís just Forza, with Lego! What a fantastic marketing crossover! The things they filled the world with are goddamn cute and the attention to detail is fantastic. Some parts have the little part numbers on the reverse, and I love the surface imperfections in the plastic. I especially love how the F40 can be modified to match the road variant or the Competitzione variant by changing the exact same pieces as in the Speed Champions set, which includes the parts to do the same thing.

On a more general note, being a PC player means I can finally use my steering wheel to play the game. It certainly does change how it feels. The lurid slides you can execute with ease on a pad are much harder to pull off, so drifting and off-roading are much more tricky. But on the flip side if you want that feeling you get when blasting a hypercar across smooth twisty mountain roads, then plug in a steering wheel and flip the radio to Hospital Records, and let the drum and bass soundtrack whisk you away to motoring heaven. Itís as close to synaesthesia in a video game as any Mizuguchi title, in my mind. I could do it forever.

Just put up a really good setup for the Lancia Trial this week, it just made it an absolute cakewalk.

Then I realized it's for the Integrale HF, which is the hard-to-find car you win for winning the trial. Oops.

If you happen to have one and want to win another one (or just get the completion percentage), I shared the setup. It does especially well in deep snow, which is what most of the second and third races are, I finished a good 20 seconds ahead of the first AI car on the third race.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Just put up a really good setup for the Lancia Trial this week, it just made it an absolute cakewalk.

Then I realized it's for the Integrale HF, which is the hard-to-find car you win for winning the trial. Oops.

If you happen to have one and want to win another one (or just get the completion percentage), I shared the setup. It does especially well in deep snow, which is what most of the second and third races are, I finished a good 20 seconds ahead of the first AI car on the third race.
    Thank you Used it and won every race by a considerable margin!

Sweet!

I'm not seeing it in any of the patch notes, but this morning when I did the Trial, people quitting out no longer gave points to the drivatar side. Ended up winning because two of the users quit out, so it was me in first, another guy in 4th, and the other person on the team in dead last.

I am happy about this, but I don't see anyone mentioning it, so it almost makes me wonder if it was a glitch.

The weekly forzathon task tries to fool you into using the Mercedes racing truck for the Rivals event this week, but it's all about the Unimog. Add enough upgrades to get it to 700 and while it doesn't quite have the top end of the Merc trucks, it demolishes them in the turns, especially when the surface gets unpleasant.

Junior Potato

That's pretty great! Really like the presentation.

With the auction house updates, it allows you to up the price on cars based on market demand. Made about 25 million thus far and half of that was from selling my extra Hoonigan RS200.

Also, thanks for the tip about the Unimog. Once you hit the wet dirt those Mercs fly into the barriers whereas the 'Mog keeps truckin. My team was generally pretty useless, but we somehow pulled off wins in the last two races. On the second race especially, I ran an effective blocker strategy. It was almost too easy running blocker with the heavy trucks

It's definitely a really good strategy for that race, I did the same at some point after seeing someone else do something similar on Reddit. Had two guys who were barely hanging on in the Merc racing truck but it was so easy to hold off the AI that they ended up coming in first and second which was enough for us.

Nice to hear about the auction house updates, maybe some of the dupes I have might be worth something.

I like how Ford apparently got to write all the marketing copy for this week's weekly challenge. Now I know all about how the all-new 2019 Ranger Raptor was built from the ground up to handle offroad whatever.

For anyone who's still looking for the Apollo IE, it's 2000 FP in the Forzathon shop until Thursday morning.

Also, I wonder when they'll actually add the barn find car from the Lego expansion...