Page 34 of 58 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Nice, thanks! I'll grab that tune. Hadn't had a chance to jump on.

The drivatars are always so awful online. They have a magnetic repulsion and a disregard for proper acceleration. Many times I've been pushed out of a checkpoint just by them driving next to me.

Administrator
    I went to go do my one ranked adventure so I get the credit for the playlist and, of course, had a great experience doing S1 dirt against a bunch of really fast guys who drove hard but clean. Wish they could always be like that.

Also, they must have changed around how the rankings are doled out. I was hovering around 11 on free-for-all, and in one of those situations where I'd have 10 pretty good adventures and gain like 4 points each time, then have one where I end up in 4th place or something and lose 40. After finishing this round to get ranked, I'm now in 7.

Also, Blerpa, not sure what your credit situation is at this point, but I've got a couple of decent cars that I can throw up on the auction house for as cheap as it'll let me. Unfortunately you can't actually sell/gift cars to friends, but from what I gather we can try to coordinate me putting one up for auction and then you searching for auctions by me immediately after and trying to buy the car before anyone else sees it. Offhand I know I've got a spare Senna and Carrera GT.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; September 1st, 2019 at 09:10 AM.

Sorry, Bryan, I was in the countryside for almost all the last week, just got back at home right now.
    I should be 500-600k short of the 2 millions to get the Fast Travel Anywhere House... but I've a Senna as well and quite few cars: like more than 100 for sure LOL
    I did spend some time in the auction house and so on, I think I could have bought more houses in game without spending so much in cars.
    I'll get back to the game in the afternoon and I'll check my situation. Thanks in advance for the offer!

For that matter, throw some crappy car up on the AH for 2 mil, and I’ll buy it. Just give advanced warning of what it is and when so we get it coordinated.

A little recap: I did buy the Fast Travel house, managed to discover 530 roads out of 531 (goddamn, where's the last one? I've zoomed all over the game map with any symbol off to be certain... can't find it) and I'm 71% in the season completion.
    The Trial was a bit of an hassle (Unbeatable drivatars at times look like they cheat, dunno) but eventually we beat them, meanwhile the Noble M600 stuff was easy peasy.
    Tomorrow I'll get to work on the classified Adventure (damn, it truly is a chore as you said, Bryan!) and see if I can manage to complete the Dirt Games challenge: I really loathe those crappy games (tags, capture the flag, survival, ecc.), have nothing to do with cars and racing.
    Thanks a lot people, you are truly helping... too bad for the time differences, it would be fun to race together!

Administrator
    Like racerfink said, we can always buy some car off of you for way more than it's worth to bump your credits. I'm sitting on ~50 million at this point and don't really have much to spend it on, so...

The Unbeatable drivatars online definitely cheat. I think it's less actual cheating and more really, really crap netcode, but yeah, when you get near them they just start warping around and all physics bets are off at that point. Sadly, even with that the usual pain point is your teammates, not the drivatars you're supposed to be competing against.

FWIW, I did the "playground games" one time, lost, and never did them again, so you don't *have* to do them to do okay in the game.

Thing is, once you get all the signs for Fast Travel reduced to 0 and the FTA (Fast Travel Anywhere) House then money do not matter that much anymore.
    Racked about 1 million in one hour and an half of playing after I spent my whole 2 millions for the FTA House.
    Yeah, Unbeatable drivatars may be badly coded but at times I'm surprised at the stupidity of people: stop punting out your teammates, lets just work together to keep the red team away and rack more points, you idiot!

Also, anyone can tell me how to access again the online challenges option menu? Long time ago it appeared and I did select that opponent cars are "ghosts" so I cannot touch them: it is terrible and it distracts me from the racing.
    But for the sake of my life I cannot find where is this menu anymore!!!

Re: Playground Games - I think it must be done to have a 100% season completion rate.

Most of the time team challenges are totally underwhelming and highly influenced by how much of a bunch of dorks or capable racers you happen to be teamed with.

When you pause the game, there’s a tab near the middle called Online Adventures. Select from Team, Drift, or whatever, and some have a few options under that (ranked, unranked...).

No, I know how to access Online Adventures... it's a special setting menu it appeared to me just one time, ever, during a team race, where I could choose if team cars would be ghosts or not (and mine as well), so that while racing I would not hit them (kinda like friendly fire option in FPS online).
    Never seen it anymore. I've looked in every single menu and panel of the game to no avail.

Administrator
    I think that the ghost mode option is for rivals events only - it just sets whether or not you can see the rival you're competing against.

And yeah, you do have to do the Playground Games to get 100% for a season, but you only need 80% to get both rewards.