Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Administrator
    Oh, interesting, you think it's the two new Showcase Remixes? I guess at least they're done quickly.

Administrator
    Welp, I see a ton of people over on reddit.com/r/forza complaining about the same seasonal completion percentage thing, so at least you're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Oh, interesting, you think it's the two new Showcase Remixes? I guess at least they're done quickly.
    Dunno, I've checked the map and I've not found any new Remixes or whatever they should be.
    I'm puzzled.

Game right now is a shitshow: not only the percentage bug affected last season but it is affecting the actual one!
    This morning I was at 76% with only Cobra, Mustang, Playground and Forzathon Daily to do (Viper already done).
    I did Mustang and Playground and won both... and yet at 76%. This thing is totally effed.

Administrator
    They seem to not bother with regression testing, so each new series fixes a bunch of things while breaking something else in the process. They're generally pretty good about fixing the major new bugs within a few days though.

You shoulda been here when they accidentally reset almost everybody's car perks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    They seem to not bother with regression testing, so each new series fixes a bunch of things while breaking something else in the process. They're generally pretty good about fixing the major new bugs within a few days though.

You shoulda been here when they accidentally reset almost everybody's car perks.
    OOOOF! How did they fix that? I can't imagine the horror!

Administrator
    If memory serves, it was also broken in that if you started buying perks again, as soon as you quit the game and restarted they were gone again. I guess they must log a bunch of data, and while they didn't log what perks you'd bought, they did log the perks you spent (I'm assuming that's so that you can't cheat since it's all accounted for server-side). If memory serves, it was also broken in that if you started buying perks again, as soon as you quit the game and restarted they were gone again. They ended up giving everyone affected the total number of points they spent to spend again about 5 days later or so. I think I got about 10,000 back.

It actually ended up helping out some folks because there were certain cars you could only get once via a perk and suddenly you could get a second one of those cars.

It's admirable that they're trying to do this "every four weeks you get some major changes/add-ons/fixes", but it's pretty clear that they're biting off more than they can chew each time. That and their regression testing needs some serious work.

Wow!
    On the other hand now I know how people racked 100+ mil in the game in the past: I've read about the Goliath exploit. Heh, easy to do this way.

Administrator
    Yep, that was really prevalent. I think a lot of people may have even done it by mistake - I nearly did when I first saw someone inviting people to race the Goliath and thought that sounded fun, and right before I joined saw that it was like 500 laps. I quit knowing I didn't want to do that not knowing about the exploit. Then every couple of minutes you'd see that "1" pop up in the corner and it was always someone trying to do that exploit, I'm not sure I ever saw a legit race during that time. I figured it'd ruin a lot of my fun so I never took advantage of it, and now about a year after the game came out I have all the cars and about 60 million in the bank, so it definitely wasn't necessary.

Speaking of, I was kinda hoping creating my own race would be a way to inject some life into the game. I tried making a race in Edinburgh with only stock S14 Silvias - I did get one person who joined up, tried to drift the first corner and slammed into me, then crashed in the next corner and quit. Maybe I should try that again one of these days.

I've tried to do my own races: so far they are a mixed efforts, the tools in place are a bit limited and convoluted in use, although it seems they have fixed them a bit and added options, so I'll definitely try it again.

Me and my friend managed finally to get on the same convoy and race together for two races! He finally managed (more or less) whatever problems he had on connecting to online racing within FH4... next thing we are going to fix it's going to be mic chat: I tried mine (PC cheap headphone with mic connected to the Xbox controller), he could not hear me.
    Next thing to set up correctly, as the game is really essential in any other communication option.

Managed to get to 83% so now I've gotten both this week's cars, next days are for the Daily Challenges and hopefully a percentage fix will come along soon, too.
    Oh dear, how intense was to race on a almost stock Cobra 427 with mediocre stock tyres (like racing on pure ice)!!!