Page 4 of 58 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatScawt View Post
    Tom, I've yet to see the road-loading issue. Interesting! Maybe I haven't gone fast enough I assume you're running an SSD?
    Yep, Samsung Evo 960 NVMe, so it should be plenty fast. Can't find it, but saw a video of someone else who had that happen maybe 20 feet before the finish line.

Administrator
    The full game is up for pre-downloading. Asked for ~64GB on my Windows 10 box.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; September 18th, 2018 at 07:07 AM.

Administrator
    Hey, bonus. Looks like the Ultimate edition unlocks at midnight, EDT, on the 28th, as the store tells me I can start playing at 9PM pacific on the 27th. Just a few more days.

Junior Potato
    This will be available on Game Pass.

I’m gunna pay my $11 for a month and go until I’m bored with it

Just played it straight for three hours on my 1st gen XB1 because on my PC it starts, shows the title pic and then it closes.
    But the demo ran without any problems.

On the 1st gen XB1 it runs better than FH3 which always stutteredm during the loading screens with the Dingo, the sat dish and the snowy road etc.
    Only at some cutscenes with some busy scenes or fast cam movements you may get one or two small hiccups.

The graphics and scenery is breathtaking, the menus grew wild and even more colorful and flashy and the feedback for the controller has been improved.
    Be it with a McLaren on a bumpy village street or with a G-Class on back on dirt and forest tracks which makes you feel how the axles are trampling.

Awesome!

Administrator
    The game starts on my PC, but having big problems with the world not loading in quickly enough, so big missing gaps in the world and repeated "Low Streaming Performance" warnings that lead to that same "slam to a halt" issue. In the demo, it happened during the Senna races, but now it's even happening when tooling around in an Audi TT.

I'd think that means it's slow streaming data off the drive, but it's a Samsung 960 Evo NVMe SSD, that's definitely on the faster side when it comes to drives. I'll try lowering settings tomorrow to see if that helps, but it surprises me that it's struggling this much.

Administrator
    Lowering the preset to "High" instead of "Ultra" seems to have fixed that problem for me. Unsure what the bottleneck is on my machine, but hopefully more information will come out soonish, because as far as I can tell, this should be able to run Ultra just fine. Still, looks great and totally playable, enjoying it so far though still unsure about all the online stuff. Just made it to Winter, which is turning out to be a lot of fun using my MX-5 to drift around the backroads that haven't been plowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare White Ape View Post
    This will be available on Game Pass.

I’m gunna pay my $11 for a month and go until I’m bored with it

Me too

I know games pop in and out randomly but I wonder how long Horizon 4 will stay on gamepass.

Administrator
    I've played the previous FH games from launch day until the next one came out, so I figure even at $100 for the Ultimate edition, that's coming out to $4.17 a month for 24 months. Works for me.

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by DelSolMan View Post
    Me too

I know games pop in and out randomly but I wonder how long Horizon 4 will stay on gamepass.
    Should be there forever, as all 1st party MS games are.