Page 46 of 58 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Administrator
    That's disappointing. I like the concept of these "all time rivalry matchups" like the trial, but in practice it takes away the thing that I've actually really been enjoying about the trials - finding some otherwise horrible choice of a car that qualifies and then trying to make something decent out of it and actually do well.

On the plus side I've already got a B700 Lancia, so at least I didn't spend any money.

Well, considered I did a 5th, a 6th and a 2nd place on that 205 T16, it could have been worse.
    But yeah I hear you.
    I had that kind of fun when, in the F40 trial, I was the only one riding a Countach in a sea of anonymous red F40. And a shiny pistachio green one!
    The fact it was really great to drive added greatly to the enjoyment.

I don't know why they have set these events (the Trial, the Magic one) where you cannot tune the cars as realistically as you would: either AWD or rally tyres for the B 700 old rally cars (and plenty of Lancia 037 B 700 tunes specifically for this Winter trial... without rally/snow tyres, WTF?) and not possible to add rally tyres to the D 500 weird little cars (thankfully their speeds are so low you can get away with it without suffering a major loss of grip).

Administrator
    I haven't put up a tune because honestly, it's barely a tune, but it looks like the Porsche works really, really well for the trial. If you put racing slicks on it, that bumps it to S1 801, but if you then put the non-adjustable front wing on that drops it to A 800. It's got enough power that it doesn't get eaten alive in the straights like most of my cars do, but it's absolutely blazing through the corners. It is pretty oversteer-y, so you have to be a little careful on corner entry and with the throttle, but if you just are gentle with it it'll absolutely dominate.

Ehi!
    I did already everything bar the Playground Games.
    I did the trial on a Porsche as well, but I preferred putting AWD and using Sport tyres. Still slow as hell compared to the others, but I was in a good team, so basically ended 4th, 2nd and 5th and we obliterated the drivatars, all finishing behind.
    I may try your take on it, although probably the best car for the event is the GT40...

I did the Touring Masters on a BMW M3 '91. I already loved that little car, enjoyed dusting off the competition with downloaded "TenienteMM22" setup.

Spring Community is a matter of what you prefer most: either a Camaro ZL1 '17 (with a longer Final Gear) or a Mustang GT '17; SVT Cobra '00 is also efficient.

Muscle vs Tuner is one of the rare events where you can use a lot of decent cars;
    Did the first race with an AWD+Sport tyres Viper ACR '99, but also NSX-R '92 (AWD+Race tyres) is good, but less quick to accelerate.
    Other possibilities are the SVT Cobra '00, the S2000 SR, the RX-7 from '97, the GT-R '97 or '95 and the Fairlady '94.
    Also if someone has the Mitsubishi pack either the GTO or the Eclipse GSX are great AWD racers.
    I used a mix of Viper, Eclipse and GTO for the final Gauntlet.

For the Playground Games I dabbled a bit with a lot of cars (Offroad A 800).
    Ranger Raptor, F150 Raptor, Merc E350 4Matic, AMG G65 and Wrangler Rubicon '12 are all decent choices with a wide range of choices from powerful and heavy to light and nimble.
    I'll have to see what I'll use, but probably either the E350 or the Ranger Raptor.

I have seen you online briefly on and off, sorry if I didn't write a message, it is a bit clunky to have to write a text while driving and racing especially since we cannot use voice chat (damn, they have not fixed it yet on PC; I bet they won't ever); I didn't mean to be rude!

After 3 times I'm a bit confused: did not get any notification of Forzathon Live and didn't find it anywhere on the map.
    I was properly online and I was all three times more than 10 minutes in before the change of the hour.
    Mate was online around my third attempt and he didn't get any notification either.
    Bug? Server problems?
    I'm going to try it on the Xbox right now.

Administrator
    I've seen a few people over on /r/forza mentioning some online weirdness, like one person saying they were online and able to do online races but the auction house was greyed out, so I think they might be having some server issues.

With plenty of new cars: 488 Pista '19, ATS GT, Diablo GTR... woah

I now have 7 Apollo Intensa Emoziones now. You might be able to find some good deals on the auction house still, if you didn’t get in on them for 100FP during the live feed. The CCX and the Alfa TC2 were the ither two cars that they had blowout deals on.

Unfortunately I missed that. But they said those cars will be back at cheap prices during Black Friday. Time to stock up forzathon points!