Page 49 of 58 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Administrator
    Yeah, I'm really happy they didn't hide the Supra behind something difficult and gave people the out if they don't want to do it.

I actually have some hope for this battle royale business. I like that it's mostly about racing and not playground games. If they make it so that it's not a 5+ minute wait between joining rounds of it, it might actually be kinda fun. I should have some spare time this weekend, though I'm also going to try to do a little iRacing for the first time in a while after Cam's gotten me all interested in trying again.

Got the 50% discount (for people with Xbox Live Gold, it seems) on the Ultimate pack: I had just the standard game, so now I own everything and it costed me 25 euro.
    Ended up trying Fortune Island: it was a pleasant discovery, actually; fun environment, lot of nice sights and great roads.
    I ended up finishing all the DLC in an afternoon, I just lack to start the Drift 2.0 Story.
    Trailblazer was ok, I left all of the treasure hunting for last, so I did all nine of them (what with the first one being basically a freebie to do at the DLC start) in sequence in the end.

I think me and mate got pretty stuck with the following cars:
    B 700 Classic Rally - Audi Quattro that he uses also on A 800 (I've still to set one up for A 800)
    A 800 SUV - Porsche Macan Turbo 2019 (while I usually use a modified Lambo Urus Concept for the S1 900)
    A 800 Extreme Offroad - Bowler EXR (my choice also on S1 900)
    A 800 almost anything - Dodge Charger Daytona Hemi (two, both with or without rally setup and tyres)
    A 800 Modern Rally - Lancer Evo VI (but I may jump ship to Subaru again)

and so on, but I've way too many cars (I'm auctioning them as I write, almost at garage limit) and it is getting increasingly easy to get lost in the car choice for a race, especially online ones on the go.
    I hope they raise the car limit per garage, 750 is ludicrously small.
    Same for the 500 limit on both setups and liveries.

Administrator
    Another solid new feature launch. The update isn't out, but it kinda seems like the servers expect people to have it. Constant disconnects, took forever to get past the title screen, and then when I went to try the trial it took probably about 10 times as long to get through the "Matchmaking" part, then said that 3/4 drivers had accepted for a couple of minutes, and then showed me the title screen for the trial. Then the title screen went away and I regained control of the car. Only, now the pause menu no longer works and I had to alt-tab and kill the game to exit. Hopefully it didn't thrash my savegame.

Then again, a lot of Microsoft infrastructure seems really, really slow right now, so maybe they're just getting DDoS'd by angry Forza players.

It is actually something to do with the latest Windows Updates, at least on PC.
    In order to fix it try going to your Windows Settings -> Games -> Xbox Net Functionality -> check what it says about NAT and other stuff, then click the "Fix it" button.
    Me and mate were disconnecting every 3 minutes each, bothersome.
    In a bit we will try again.

Administrator
    I'm not totally sure it's the latest windows update, I didn't install any new updates but this did just start happening this morning.

What I'm noticing is that my connectivity will be fine according to the Xbox Networking settings screen *until* I play FH4. As soon as I do, NAT Type just says that Teredo was unable to qualify, and that the Server connectivity is blocked. I can check over and over again after a reboot and it's all great but playing FH4 immediately breaks it. Running 'netsh interface Teredo show state' from an admin command prompt looks okay until I play FH4, and then it looks wrong for a while, but eventually recovers.

I think their tendency to not bother with regression testing may have actually starting causing problems with Xbox networking. I wouldn't put it past them. It's definitely not just us, I'm seeing threads over on Reddit as well. I do notice they conveniently scrapped the tech support forums on forzamotorsport.net, so that was nice of them.

Administrator
    And it appears it's been sorted as of a couple of hours ago. Tried an eliminator round - mostly felt like I was driving around trying to find someone to race against, then had a hell of a time on the final race because while I'd gotten a level 8 car, a Gallardo isn't great for the freeroam rush that the mode is essentially designed around.

Me and mate had a kinda awful/funny happening yesterday night in the Trial: there was the two of us, three other gamers and three drivers, apparently german by the usernames used, belonging to a Club called [Dera].
    The lowest in rank was like 2 stars something, then a 6 stars something and then their chief, a 3338 level 9 stars behemoth.
    They were on OUR team, as this was the Trial and we were racing against the Drivatars.
    These three assholes proceeded to try to push us offroad, try to punt all of us out of checkpoints, totally rammed us to walls in 90° turns at high speed in T-bone maneuvers.
    The 9 stars dork was wallriding the whole 90° bends at ludicrous speeds.
    By the second half of the second race, seeing that the "I'm on your team!!!" message didn't produce any results, we started retaliating.

Third race? Me and mate concocted a strategy.
    So the race starts and these 3 buffoons instantly careened into us trying to ram us to starting walls and outside checkpoints: we ducked.
    My mate, quicker than me ran for first place, while I willing started brakechecking two of them for all the initial part of the track, then I got up speed; they hounded me till the straight before the 90° turn at the bridge: I perfectly braked quickly making the checkpoint at the left, while they overshoot me and smashed themselves on the bridge entrance walls.
    The lowest ranked dork ragequit immediately.

At that point I was 8th and fuelled by the vengeance fire.
    I started to catch up while my mate upfront in first place was taking care of the remaining [Dera] villain.
    I caught up, passed Drivatars and others of our team, then me and mate sandwiched the idiot to slow him down while I was blistering passing everyone, my mate included.
    I went to win leaving everyone else in the dust, while my mate got the checkered flag in second place still laughing because he managed to punt the [Dera] asshole outside of a checkpoint in the third last one of them.

We are generally clean racers and try not to punt anyone outside, we may like a muscular tussle but correct and fair.
    Yesterday was crazy and annoying, so we coordinated to put these idiots in their place.

I could ramble about not having a report system in the game, but it seems the game is done by many edgy gangsta highschool kids glorifying themselves in being assholes, so whatever.

On other news Eliminator feels boring.

Found the club: it's a german club.
    The big ranked one (there's a female comic avatar, for what is worth) is the owner (founder then?) of the club.
    The low ranked idiot is one of the administrators: a teen.
    LOL.

Administrator
    Man that sounds irritating. I ran into something similar when going up against a really highly ranked team in team adventure, only they were on the other team. It really was just a matter of trying to ruin everyone else's race rather than actually racing, but at least in my case the team doing it was competing against me, not on the same team as me.

The network issues still seem okay this morning for me, but I'm seeing lots of people continuing to complain about it on the Forza forums. I just verified that I have *not* installed the latest Windows update, it's queued up for download but I haven't done it yet, and the last update I installed was from almost a month ago, so it's definitely not that. It was occurring for me with FM7 multiplayer too, so it's not just limited to FH4.

EDIT: Nope. Tried to do the Trial, got disco'd.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; December 13th, 2019 at 07:35 AM.

Weird. I updated Windows and did the Xbox networking thing immediately upon Angelo's recommendation. Played for a little last night but had no issues.