Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Junior Potato
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I've played the previous FH games from launch day until the next one came out, so I figure even at $100 for the Ultimate edition, that's coming out to $4.17 a month for 24 months. Works for me.
    That’s not factoring in the hundreds of other games on the service.

Plus I’ll be playing for a month, two tops. That’ll cost me $22.

Administrator
    Yes, but I have a little fancy crown icon next to my name.

Administrator
    Aww rats, just had the low streaming bandwidth warning happen to me on "High". That's annoying.

Administrator
    It looks like going into the task manager and bumping the priority for the process to "Above Normal" may fix the issue. Just ran for a bit on Ultra with no problems.

Administrator
    Well, worked for a while at any rate.

I guess the downside to early release is that you might get sidelined with one of the bugs.

Administrator
    Initial testing looks like a BIOS update may have sorted it. Hoping that sticks.

Administrator
    I think it's safe to say that the BIOS update fixed it. I'm also very happy to have knocked out the cross country and dirt championships. Goddamn do I hate cross-country.

I think I'll pick this up when it goes on sale during the holidays 👍

Full release, running buttery smooth at 1440p 70-90 FPS at Ultra/Extreme settings post day 1 patch.

This game is really fucking good. I'm enjoying the seasonal challenges more than I thought I would. Even against expert drivatars in Aston Martin DB10s in the quarry race

Greatly enjoy seeing real people around the map, and I especially enjoy the social aspect of the Forzathons. It's a neat little group coop challenge.

Definitely will be putting some serious time in to this. Is there a GTXF group?

Administrator
    Agreed, now that my issues have been resolved I'm only at 60fps, but with G-Sync at 4k on Ultra. It looks ridiculous. Some of the mountain vistas are really something else.

I did one of the Forzathon Live things - I'm not totally sold on that since two of the challenges just appeared to be "drive to a spot, then drive back and forth and fast as you can until we tell you you can stop." The third was racking up skill points, which was fun to do in my little MX-5. It does appear that they're trying to put more of an emphasis on regular challenges, I hope they get more inventive with it as we go on.

No group yet that I know of - last time I glanced at it the club option was greyed out for me, but that was a while ago. Been too busy trying to knock out achievements. I'm happy to see that the credits are a little more free flowing than they were before. I know a lot of people don't like that, but as a normal human with a full time job and other responsibilities, it's nice that I've been able to rack up a few million and have some houses in the limited play time I've had so far.

And agreed that serious time is going into this. For this, I do not have the buyer's remorse.