Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Game is full of stupid design choices that render navigation in the menu or progress annoying at times.
    Like when you are playing online and you have 40 seconds (totally not enough) to choose a car and the game does not have a single icon, colour or symbol to tell you if a car has road, rally or whatever else kind of tyres on.
    Totally stupid.

Also, we have had many crazy race results lately: both Trial or seasonal events.
    Sometime we did clearly lose and yet the game deemed we won (even adding up the points it did not suffice to guarantee a win).

Administrator
    Oh yeah, the "you're not in winter, but the adventure you just got dropped into is, and hell if we'll tell you if the car you're picking has snow tires or not" thing, I haven't figured out why they still haven't fixed that. I got lucky, the Sesto Elemento I picked had snow tires, so between that, the tons of downforce and AWD it was a good pick.

On the plus side, that free-for-all adventure I did with the Sesto was a lot of fun. There were really only three of us vying for the wins, me in the Lambo, one guy in an CLK-GTR, and another in an Elise GT1, and all three of us were the clean racing types so you could get really close to each other in the corners and trust that the other driver wasn't going to do something obnoxious. For all the shitty online races I've had, the good ones like that make up for 'em.

Administrator
    Upcoming series changelist.

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/...uary-13th-2020

tl;dr
    • New cars added to the Elminator, one per level from 2-10 - Top Gear Track-Tor, MB Unimog, Mini X-Raid, Hummer open top, Quartz Regalia Type D, Warthog, Jeep Wrangler DD, Funco F9, and Isha's Offroad Taxi.
    • New Showcase Remix with Isha's Taxi vs. the Delta Wing
    • New Showcase Remix for the Motocross one

Notable Fixes (as chosen by me):
    • Improved loading time for Eliminator for initial load and when upgrading a car
    • "Drastically" improved load times when starting the game on PC when all DLC is installed.

Nice!
    They also are adding the next Toyota - the '85 Trueno. I can only imagine how many you'll be seeing on the first week it's available

So if you guys are interested, my buddy and I were going back and forth on a Speed zone (Oldweir - southwest of Mudkicker Adventure park).
    I posted up a Mosler MT900S tune, titled 'SpeedZoneTune', or something like that. Give it a shot. I think we're both top 500 at the moment. It's pretty addicting!

LOL I'll look into it.

I'm excited about all the new cars coming in the game... well, who cares about the Hummer Open Top, but it's ok.
    Too bad most of the fixes are Eliminator-related :/

Can confirm the PC version loads much faster. In two ways: between the press A in the menu to the available "continue" button, and then from the "continue" button to gaining control in-game.

Administrator
    Took five tries until finally got a team that barely squeaked out a win on the Trial. Playground's netcode just is not up to the task of handling cross-country online races with drivatars, I don't know how many times I saw cars glitching into me or other drivers.

That said, I put up a 2015 Macan Turbo setup that works pretty well. It's hideously ugly, but it's maybe a little faster than most of the drivatars in a straight line and can actually take the corners.

One other note, if you're like me and keep the driving line assists on because you can't be arsed to memorize cross country courses, that last turn after the football pitch in the final race is way more of a corner than the line thinks it is. Brake way earlier than it says, almost everybody goes off on that one and there are a bunch of trees on the outside of the turn just waiting to ruin your day right before the finish line.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; January 18th, 2020 at 02:46 PM.

Yeah, Trial was problematic this time around.
    Me and mate had the Macan 2019 (one of the best, if not the best, SUV in the game), better than the already good 2015 model and struggled with it.
    Didn't help the fact our teammates were asses.
    At third try we succeeded.

Also, I cannot fathom what brings people to online races, either Trial, ranked or unranked Adventures, to use stock cars without any kind of setup.
    Dear lord, it takes nothing - even with FH4 convoluted menu - to download a setup.

Administrator
    Another update is coming out.

• Some new cars over the series
      • 2019 Lego Speed Champions Bugatti Chiron
      • 2010 Lexus LFA
      • 2017 Aston Martin Vulcan AMR Pro
      • 1994 Ford Supervan 3
      • 1984 Rover SD1 Vitesse

• More cars added to Eliminator:

• Level 2: 1959 Jaguar Mk II 3.8
      • Level 2: 1966 Hillman Imp
      • Level 3: 2010 Ford Crown Victoria Interceptor
      • Level 3: 1996 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport
      • Level 4: 2014 Volkswagen Golf R
      • Level 6: 2012 Porsche Cayenne Turbo
      • Level 7: 2015 Audi RS 6 Avant
      • Level 7: 2014 Alfa Romeo 4C
      • Level 8: 2011 Mercedes-Benze SLS AMG
      • Level 9: 2016 BMW M4 GTS
      • Level 9: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
      • Level 9: 2016 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV
      • Level 10: 2011 Bugatti Veyron SS

• Share codes being extended to Liveries, Tuning Setups, and Photos.
    • Blueprint event history, letting you peruse the last 15 blueprints you played.
    • Yet another Showcase remix for the Halo thing. I guess it's neat 'cause this time it's raining?
    • Another Showcase remix for the Flying Scotsman, now with the 2019 Porsche Macan Turbo
    • Fixes
      • Fix for the Heads Up and Pacifist Achievements sometimes not firing. If that was happening to you, you'll have to re-earn them once the fix is in place, it's not retroactive.
      • Fix for some people's houses disappearing
      • Fix for some subtitle issue where sometime the first line of dialogue would show up twice.
      • Some players using metric settings couldn't get 3 stars on one of the British Racing Green story chapters. That's fixed.
      • Level of your current car will show when doing a head-to-head race in the Eliminator.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; February 10th, 2020 at 05:49 PM.

Loved the LFA back in FM4. Looking forward to it.

Created an 80s style skin for the Trueno to mix it up from the hundreds of Initial D replicas. Give it a whirl