Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Horizon 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yeah, for some reason all the Forza games are just enormous.
    I think digital downloads have made developers lazy. No longer is there a size limit to fit a game onto a single cartridge/disc. Plus, so what if the game doesn't work on release? It can just be patched.

Administrator
    That's definitely true, but the Forza games seem so much worse. Most of the AAA titles I get on Steam are like 15-20gb. Project Cars 2 with all the DLC is ~60gb, and Forza 7 at launch was ~100gb.

Yeah, it's big. Just under 70 GB for me on PC. Think X1 varies by console. I had to make some sacrifices to make room.
    Last edited by GreatScawt; October 4th, 2018 at 10:22 AM.

Yeah, everyone seems to think that one is pretty bugged.
    Hah, glad it wasn't just us. We got stomped on. I managed second place in the second race, but by then the wheels had already fallen off.

Autumn just started and the main weekly forzathon challenge is *way* easier. Step one is buy a '92 NSX-R, step two is hit at least 175mph in it, step three is win three point-to-point road races in it, and step four is get 10 air skills in it. Special car is a Peugeot 205 T16 for 300 forzathon points. I bought the car for 90K, spent 92K on a downloaded S1 900 tune that seemed to favor handling over speed and breezed through.
    I ended up using the Stevio Youtube guy's advice and grabbed an Integra, threw a tune on there, and put resident GTXF/GTP'er Slipztrem's paint job on. I certainly like the idea of the NSX one, though.

Spoiler:

Administrator
    Nice! I started on that prior to his posting on Reddit and had already invested a bunch in trying to make a pretty bonkers Corrado. Pretty easily hit 204 and was bouncing off the rev limiter at that point, the hardest part was finding a speed zone where it could handle well enough to three star it. I hadn't tried the one he pointed out which worked well, it demolished the 3 star time.

Junior Potato
    That's definitely true, but the Forza games seem so much worse. Most of the AAA titles I get on Steam are like 15-20gb. Project Cars 2 with all the DLC is ~60gb, and Forza 7 at launch was ~100gb.
    One legit reason is that the 4K assets for Forza take up so much more space. A base Xbox won’t download them.

At least it’s not the situation seen on Switch, where cart prices vary by size, and tight arse publishers (like 2K Games) buy cheap ones off Nintendo and make you download the rest of it.

So, the Forza image share feature seemed to think I had bad language buried in this photo... so it wouldn't let me share to the community. Huh. Just thought I'd post because I quite like it.

https://i.imgur.com/jQdpCrV.png

Junior Potato
    Noice

The demo wouldn’t let me use my old CHKN:FKR plate from FH3

Administrator
    Surprisingly, the extra-long final road race (Colossus, I think?) is not that long. I took that same NSX-R I used for the weekly challenge and finished the circuit in about 5 1/2 minutes, which netted me about 45K in credits. Could probably bump the difficulty some to get even more - the NSX-R tends to lose out a bit on the straights but it absolutely crushes the AI around corners, so it does pretty well.

I thought I was raking in a good amount of money until I saw it's 15M for one of the houses...

Yeah, the castle's a long way off for me. But I see no value in that TBH, other than a place to buy parts/tune?

BTW, did anyone else realize how they changed the fast travel/car change mechanics vs FH3? You can only fast travel to the festival, you can't just fast travel anywhere. And you can swap your car out on the fly for free, anywhere. I've been doing that for Forzathons.

I just dipped below $5mil to buy the Lancia Stratos classic rally. I did the seasonal championship against expert AI without looking at the requirements.... there's another tier of reward if you win on unbeatable difficulty. D'oh, so I did that again and also managed to do the horrifyingly difficult matchmaking seasonal team championship. I highly recommend buying the Peugot 205 FE from the Forzathon shop if you don't have it already. That thing was perfect for the team championship.

Speaking of that seasonal team championship, be careful if your team drops a race or two. People seem prone to rage-quitting, and depending on what place they were in, could totally screw up the team totals. The first time I played, we were on race 5/5 against the drivatars and a few people quit; and these were folks who were not just placing last but getting the team points with respectable finishes. Extremely frustrating. My next team ended up 3-0'ing the drivatars, so I was pretty chuffed about that.