Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Food for thought

Food for thought

I was searching for a thread where there was a discussion about food/cooking, etc and came only to find a thread about ketchup on pizza. So, I figured I would start my own and share my latest obsession.

20180420_190018.jpg

A very nice patient brought this to me and told me to place it on my salads. I'm not a huge fan of dressing, and mostly use red vinegar on my salads. Though, after one bite, I'm hooked on this stuff. It has great favor and a little goes a long way. I'm looking forward to using it over roasted veggies or as a marinate for meat.

So what new items are you exploring in your kitchen?

Lori has pretty much gone vegetarian. I am not there yet, but I pretty much do not eat red meat anymore. Lately, it has been only chicken. However, in the rare occasion we eat out, all bets are off.

I make my own salad dressing from equal parts olive oil, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup.

Just bought a 5lb bag of gluten free flour on sale... still pricier than regular flour though... anyway, looking forward to make some bread and pasta out of it and see how they taste...

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    I make my own salad dressing from equal parts olive oil, balsamic vinegar and maple syrup.
    I have never used maple syrup in my homemade dressings. I normally sub honey. I'll have to try it next time to see if it fits my fancy.

My brother is a big fan of gluten free and has no allergies to gluten. I believe he does it because he feels better but maybe one of his cross-fit buddies pulled him into it. I have nothing against gluten free diets, I just don't understand his dedication to it. Are you allergic to gluten or just a personal preference for going gluten free??? You'll have to keep us posted on how it goes with the bread and pasta.

Do you use waffles as croutons?

I'm open to trying anything.

Lori has pretty much gone vegetarian. I am not there yet, but I pretty much do not eat red meat anymore. Lately, it has been only chicken.
    I too am not there yet. I want to be there. I eat chicken, but very little beef. Maybe a cheeseburger every now and then. I watched a video of cows getting slaughtered, and it kinda shook me. Halal/Kosher was absolutely brutal...you can’t unwatch it. Even the Western way was not pleasant. I went vegetarian that week, but it didn’t last.

I just ate one whole chicken

I eat a lot of chicken and fish, but I do enjoy a burger once in a while. I give people credit for becoming vegetarians and sticking to it.

Nathan is a lucky man today, as I'm making a tasty homemade meal after he's been gone for two weeks.

Administrator
    I've started on a kick of making chicken breasts with a pan sauce. It only takes about 30 minutes to make and comes out delicious. The two go-to sauces are lemon-rosemary and bourbon-mustard.

Bourbon- mustard sounds delicious.