Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Food for thought

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    We can throw away the ice cream maker we haven't used since 2010.
    We have a small deep fryer about that old, if not older. Bought it, ate like pigs for a couple weeks, cleaned it out, and haven't used it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashie View Post
    Do any of you use this product? I made some chicken breast with a mushroom cream sauce using this. It was amazing. Attachment 3190
    My mom made some kind of casserole with that for Christmas, it was awesome.

Yeah. Ana uses it all the time. It is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    We can throw away the ice cream maker we haven't used since 2010.

I really like making our own ice cream. The problem is the storage. It makes such a large amount and we always freezer burn it.
    It's not even stored in the kitchen silly. I did ask you a few weeks ago, if it should go to donation pile. I'm not opposed to a rice cooker, I just have no room right now.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Sous vide is bad for the environment due to mad plastic bag usage. Kthxbai
    Joke's on you, got reusable bags.

Administrator
    Speaking of, just tried burgers via that. Went a little under knowing there'd be carry-over when I rested them for 10 minutes after patting them dry and prior to putting in a rocket-exhaust-hot cast iron skillet with a little bit of butter to help with browning. Only downside was the cheese didn't have quite as much time as I'm used to to melt, but still melted most of the way, and the cook looked *exactly* like how my favorite burger in LA is every time I order it.

That seem a lot of work for just a burger but if it was perfect for you, then congrats! Nathan's been out of town recently, so I haven't been cooking much. He did take me out to an amazing dinner last night though. My tuna was seared to perfection and the lobster mashed potatoes were seasoned with just the right amount of this buttery sauce. It always nice after a long trip to share an amazing meal together.

Administrator
    It really wasn't much more work than normal. It took a lot longer, but most of that was just sitting around letting the machinery do its thing. And that sounds delicious!

Today we had brunch and my blood Mary was infused with Asian thai spices. A different twist to my favorite brunch drink.

Administrator
    It's really hard to beat a good bloody mary, and adding thai flavors sounds like a good way to do that.