Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Food for thought

Dinner tonight using items from our garden. Delicious and quick. 20180511_151746.jpg20180511_151746.jpg

Head cheese and spaghetti made from "Smart" greens.
    20180721_151702.jpg

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    If junk food isn't meant to be talked about in here, then please split this post into a new topic moderator peoples.

When we were in the USA for a month last year (a year ago already? ) i got a wee bit addicted to the Caramel flavour M&M's. WalMart had them for $2.99 (US) and i grabbed a whole heap to bring back to NZ.

Naturally they didn't last long...

My Step Mum got back from a week long holiday/family reunion in California last week, but unfortunately didn't get time and didn't have the money (family members not paying their way for trips/groceries etc...) to find me any M&M's, the Walmarts she went to apparently had barely anything (of any product) on the shelves.

And every NZ retailer bar one has none for sale. And that one shop only has annoyingly small packets for sale. Which keep selling out (i tried to buy a whole 24 pack, but couldn't). Have emailed them and either they didn't bother reading my whole email, or aren't able to fulfill the upcoming request i have. Basically just said they have x amount in stock. Ignoring my other questions.

So. I'm wondering if there is any way possible someone here could head over to Target/Walmart and buy 10-15 9.6oz Sharing size packets of them for me, and ship them over here to NZ?
    https://www.target.com/p/m-m-s-shari...z/-/A-51979665

The reason i contacted the shop first, is that i figured payment would be easier. But if it's someone on here, how would i go about paying you back and for shipping? Would PayPal work (i have no idea what it can do, don't have an account personally, but wifey does i think)?

I really miss them.

I'm happy to pay up to $50NZD ($2.50USD ) for them (at current exchange rate, ten packets at $2.99USD works out at $44NZD, not including shipping), because they're just that damn good.

It's okay if it isn't possible, but i don't hold out much hope of seeing them on supermarket shelves anytime soon.

For $23USD it looks like I can order in multiples of 8 from Amazon and ship them as a gift to NZ. Without a full address I can't know for sure but NZ is an option from the country list. PM an address and we will see what happens.

There are other sizes as well. https://www.amazon.com/Ms-Party-Cand...dp/B01N7GA8CJ/

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Ooooh, never thought to try Amazon. Turns out wifey has an Amazon account (i do too, but don't have my real details on the site) and after i said about this request and your post she decided to see how much it would cost to ship via YouShop (https://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/youshop).

I completely forgot about that site. Basically it acts as an American address for Kiwis buying stuff online, so we can get it shipped to that/those addresses in the USA from anywhere in the States, and they ship it to us in NZ. Sometimes for cheaper than UPS etc.

So all up for 8 9.6oz packets from Amazon, i think she said would cost $78NZ ($53USD) or so, including shipping.

Ordered.
    EDIT: Of course, i've just noticed a clause on the NZ Post website that says they won't ship food or perishable items...

She also checked a couple (one at least) of US delivery company websites, and even with getting those 8 packets cheaper by one of you peeps buying them in person, shipping worked out to be $70US alone...

So yeah, thanks dodint for pointing us/me in the right direction.

In other news. What is Amazon linked up to? PlayStation? Google? iTunes? Etc. I ask, because when i went to the site it had my brand new (couple of months old) email address there in autofill, when i'm pretty certain i haven't visited/logged into the site for at least a year or more. So if they're tied up to another site where i have changed my email, then that could explain how it was there waiting for me in autofill.
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; July 24th, 2018 at 10:42 PM.

Cool, glad you got it sorted.

Amazon runs AWS which is the web host for a bulk of the internet, no telling what they've worked out with their partners.

Administrator
    Also possible your browser autofilled it rather than Amazon.

Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty...oh, wait...that looks pretty tasty, actually.