Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports Ball

In case anybody is keeping up with the NBA (bubble) playoffs. The number one seed Milwaukee Bucks are on the ropes. Down 3-0 and will likely go down for good. Normally I'd laugh but it's kind of sad to watch. Their coach is a complete dipshit who is mismanaging Giannis, and I suspect he'll be fired at the end of the season. There's some talk of Giannis coming over to Toronto to join our Raptors in the offseason, but I think most likely he'll head down to Miami. Or he very well might re-sign with the Bucks for supermax dollars.

As for our Raptors, they're down 2-1 to the very strong Celtics. We barely eked out a win in the last 0.5 seconds of game 3, but will most likely lose this series in 5 or 6. At least it won't be a sweep. This is a reality check for us, that we're nowhere near the same team without Kawhi Leonard. In the regular season, sure, but in the playoffs it's a whole different situation. Kawhi and the Clippers will likely steamroll their way to the championship.

This is probably our last hurrah as a contender, so I'll enjoy it as much as possible. The team will probably go into full rebuild mode for the next 5-10 years after this. Key players will not be coming back. It's the end of an era, but at least we have one ring to show for it.

The North versus South game (Super Rugby Aoteoroa) was scintillating. Lots of lead changes, and lots of high rugby IQ on display.

Suck it, Flyers.

Well the Raptors got eliminated on Friday in a disappointing game 7. But honestly it was a pleasant surprise that it even got that far. Boston was too damn strong, but we are a team with the hearts of champions and went down fighting, for the most part.

Obviously the big buzz around the basketball world is the Clippers getting eliminated last night. That was a shocker! They went all in to get Paul George aka Pandemic P for the purpose of enticing Kawhi Leonard, and to see them fail so thoroughly was kind of...amusing.

Speaking of Kawhi...yeah fuck you. It was satisfying watching him go down. Even though most likely he'll win another championship or two before he's done, and likely with the Clips next year after they sort their shit out. It was still great watching him lose.
    Last edited by sandydandy; September 16th, 2020 at 05:06 AM.

Wow, Nuggets beat the Clippers after coming back from being down 3-1. That doesn't happen very often in the NBA.

Happened twice already this playoffs. Both pulled off by the Nuggets.

Happened three times to Doc Rivers.

Lakers vs. Heat in the Finals. I have no preference either way. It would be nice to see the Lakers win for Kobe, plus it’d be cool to see Danny Green get a third ring. On the other side of the coin Jimmy Butler deserves one as well.

It’ll be an entertaining series, I’m sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sandydandy View Post
    It would be nice to see the Lakers win for Kobe ...
    Explain - has he never won a championship?

He has never won a posthumous championship.