Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Sports Ball

Is anyone surprised? Cherry has always been a boor.

Spent the last three days arguing about this Don Cherry thing on Facebook and am now tired. Don’t want to do it anymore. It’s so mentally draining dealing with these alt-right maggots.

Got into it with some dickhead moron today on Sportsnet, and hit him with with some nasty words. I kind of felt dirty afterwards. There’s a saying in my culture that if you throw a rock into a puddle of shit (or sewage) you get splashed in the face as well. Or something like that. That’s how I feel. Hoping he doesn’t respond, or anyone else for that matter. Don’t want to prolong the discussion. I’m pretty much done with these endless debates.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    RIP Kobe Bryant ....killed in a helicopter crash today....shocking

One of his daughters was on board too, and also died. Sad.

RIP Black Mamba.

I am not into basketball, but that's tragic news about Kobe.

Is this the wrong time to share this sports-related video fresh from the internet?

The baseball coach’s death is the saddest. John Altobelli along with his wife and daughter also perished in the crash. They left behind another son and daughter. Can’t imagine the hell they’re going through.

Trophy looks great, Cam!

I’ve been on and off tearing up since the news dropped. Basketball has been my therapy since about 1988 or so... any bad thing that happened in my life, I always could go play basketball to re-balance things mentally. A big part of that time has been idolizing Kobe and watching just about every game he and the Lakers played. He wasn’t a perfect person, but the mistakes he made, he owned, and did so much good for the sport and outside during the latter part of his career and after. He’s been a huge supporter of the WNBA, and the MLS, he was constantly with Gigi, coaching her, and taking her to games. I just don’t know how to process it all... he’s probably the biggest celebrity death to me, and I *loved* Robin Williams, David Bowie, Michael Jackson, etc.

Absolutely heartbreaking, and my thoughts and love go out to his friends and family. The NBA, the world of sports, and the world in general lost a great one, way too soon.

I regret that I missed out on a lot of the Kobe era. I was deeply immersed into basketball during the Bulls dynasty in the 90’s, and loved MJ. In the mid-90’s our Raptors started out, but they sucked horribly as an expansion team. My interest began to wane as a result, combined with MJ’s run winding down, (at the same time as Kobe’s was getting started.) I always knew who he was, and noticed when Shaq moved over to the Lakers and they started winning championships, but I didn’t really tune in. I was more interested in Vince Carter and Allen Iverson. By the early 00’s I barely watched basketball.

It wasn’t until 2015 or so that I started watching again, as the Raptors became serious contenders. That was right at the tail-end of Kobe’s run. I always respected him, but didn’t really have a connection with him or his legendary run. I wish I did. I certainly appreciate everything he’s done for basketball. On and off the court.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Pretty much the same for me, I grew up with my local team, the Magic when Shaq and Penny were in charge....I was lucky enough to be on the front row for a Magic game once as my mother had won tickets, and another time where a tourist gave me tickets to a game against the Bulls when they were at their prime.

After Shaq left and the Magic started going downhill I didn't watch them as much anymore