Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP NoQuarter :(

Whoomah!

I'm just.

*Sigh*.

I wish you enough, friend.

Car accident?

Ash and I had the pleasure of vacationing with Ed in 2017. We rented a C7 Corvette out of Orlando. He was thrilled to drive it, and we were thrilled to see his LASERs at work, the jet car program, and the astronauts he introduced us to. He was a genuinely sweet man who loved his dogs more than life itself. I had hoped to fly down there when I get my pilot's license and reconnect with him soon. This hurts.

Junior Potato
    A wonderful man taken from us too soon

I am once again reminded how little I know of many of you, and yet how impactful your lives can still be.

I never knew NQ's true name, nor his handsome face.
    I always thought he was a horse aficionado because of an avatar at a previous forum, and never knew of his love of rescue dogs.
    I never knew he wrote and published a graphic novel.
    I think I might have known long ago about his career in LASERs... and I think the picture used in his obit is something he'd be proud of... with the warning "Big Scary Laser" in the background.

I never knew him like many of you, but I know I miss him.

I can't possibly express how much he loved his dogs. They were the central focus of his life, for sure, and he loved it.

I'll share these because they make me happy:

RIP Ed.

Well, damn. ☹️

This is incredibly sad news.

We had a rocky start back at the original GTF, where he was a mod and I was a troublemaker. I said some terrible things to him after his heart attack, and there was serious bad blood between us.

When we migrated to the first GTX I straightened out my act and it was important to me to apologize to him, which I did. He found it in his heart to forgive me and was a good online friend for so many years after, eventually on Facebook as well. I always wanted to visit him in person and made a couple of trips to Florida in 2011 and 2013, but he was unavailable. I know he was a Trump supporter, and a lot of people in the community cut him off because of that, but I stuck with him because I knew he had a good heart and was a man of character.

He would tell me about his plans to write a book and I urged him to do it. He mentioned how he kept having to put it on the back burner because of trouble with his publisher and copyright stuff, which I didn’t fully understand, but I would still bug him about it every few months. It’s nice to see he finally did get his book published.

“The Many Torments of Edward Brollachan - Part One” I’m definitely going to check this out.

In 2021 he unfriended me after the events of January 6th, because I shared something he didn’t like about Trump. I was always meaning to contact him again and mend fences, (as recently as last month), but never did. I really regret that.

RIP Ed. You were a really good guy.