Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar

Red Dead Redemption 2

About time this game had its own thread, bishes.

Anyways, here's the pre-order packs:
    https://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...on-and-Collect

Out of all four editions, i'm gonna get the standard one most likely as there doesn't seem to be anything interesting enough added in to get a special etc edition.

Wonder how many people will buy the Collectors Box while not realising it doesn't include the game...
    The only thing i want out of the Collectors Box items is the Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue, as i miss the days of game manuals etc being customised and catered to the game.

Oh, and:

BONUS GTA$ FOR DIGITAL PRE-ORDERS
    No matter which version you choose, all digital pre-orders from the PlayStation Store or Xbox Store will receive an immediate infusion of GTA$ to their Maze Bank accounts in GTA Online:

Red Dead Redemption 2: Standard Edition Digital Pre-Order: Get GTA$500,000
    Red Dead Redemption 2: Special Edition Digital Pre-Order: Get GTA$1,000,000
    Red Dead Redemption 2: Ultimate Edition Digital Pre-Order: Get GTA$2,000,000
    Last edited by SkylineObsession; June 4th, 2018 at 06:35 PM.

Junior Potato
    Christ it’s just a fucking load of tat.

The only thing I’m interested in is the extra bank heist. All the horses, gameplay boosts, and free weapons can go blow a goat; I’m not paying an extra $20 for all that shit. Good thing is the heist is something that will usually be given away for free after a while on the market.

Yeah, was a little surprised, but then not surprised, at how much more expensive each version is aside from the standard edition. The single player extra story content is just two 'missions', which i suspect won't take long to finish.

I don't fall into the trap of collectors editions now, done that in the past and just end up with a whole lot of extra crap that just sits around gathering dust (lock boxes, models, etc etc). I now consider what i'd do/how i'd feel about each exclusive and then decide from there. Price also plays a big part.

I'm pretty sure it was a $150 Forza (not sure which game) collectors edition that, after i bought it and had it in my possession, i realised that in hindsight it (and special/collector editions in general) wasn't worth the extra $50, when all it really was was a season pass type thing which will end on on sale at half that price later down the track.

So now i just buy basic versions (like Far Cry 5) and buy the DLC when it goes cheap enough. Same deal with RDR2 here.

Junior Potato
    I’m surprised that no one has jumped on and posted this yet.

Looks good. Okay, really f(&^*&%^ing good.

Still haven't pre-ordered it yet though.

Junior Potato
    Don't bother. Pre ordering is for suckers. There will be plenty of copies to go around.

Would only get around $500k GTA money for doing so, which is enough to buy half a pair of socks in game.

I'm split on expectations... didn't play the first RDR, but loved GTA V... but Rockstar completely ignored the single player of GTA V after they realized how much money was in the online mode, so I'm expecting some sort of shenanigans here. Still looks great though, so.....

Have watched with mild indifference. While I have a PS4 I have no real interest in it. If/when it comes to PC then colour me keen. Until then I will watch but not get excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I'm split on expectations... didn't play the first RDR, but loved GTA V... but Rockstar completely ignored the single player of GTA V after they realized how much money was in the online mode, so I'm expecting some sort of shenanigans here. Still looks great though, so.....
    Also I completely agree. It's also why, IMO anyway any plans for GTA6 haven't been announced or, as is more likely, have been pushed back many times. Sure I played GTA online but quickly lost interest. Coming back in now would likely mean I couldn't afford shit without days and weeks of grinding or buying shark cards, which I refuse to do. So I don't play.